Contributor

Fashion looking all the same?

Lately as I am watching QVC it seems to me the clothes are looking all the same I do not really see new in terms of something I have never seen before clothing. I don't know just looking for something new. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion looking all the same?

I was just thinking this afternoon that we must have seen 25-30 pretty much plain pullover tunics, many with mock turtle necks.... over and over as each vendor had a parade of them.  I got bored to death seeing and hearing about them.  They don't even vary the colors much. I sure wasn't buying. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

I just do not know what is different than what we have been seeing all summer and now going into the fall. I was wondering is designers running out of ideas or something I just do not know. I certainly do not want to go back to the 80's and 90's fashion either been there done that.

Super Contributor

I wish Susan Graver would bring back more liquid knit cardigan/tank sets...........I need to replace some of my older sets...........

Honored Contributor

I would enjoy seeing more natural fibers in the clothing.

Esteemed Contributor

Sure didn't see anything I wanted to buy...

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd 

I agree!  I can't wear a lot of these heavy, knit or synthetic fabrics any more.  They make me feel hot and itchy.  I prefer cotton or cotton blends, gauzy fabrics, linen, etc.  So much more comfortable.  I like flowy things also -- nothing too tight or clingy.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1   Yes.  Simple classic comfortable lines in natural fabrics...why so hard to find.  

Honored Contributor

Really, what do we expect ?  Imagine you are a talented designer and you come to QVC, exciting right ?  Well here are the rules , you have to use sketchy fabric, your " design " has to suit everyone from xxx small to 3,4,or 5x , the price point has to fit a certain range and you pretend to attract younger viewers, but your base is older women. JMO, but I think that's why everything looks the same, of course it does.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Contributor

I agree need more cotton and natural fabrics. What I really sick of right now is all the prints because for me it is all the same print just the name changes and done differently or colors. Just think we are not getting variety like we once had in clothing every designer had there own thing not trying to copy one another in some way shape or form. Maybe its just me