Super Contributor

Re: Fashion looking all the same?

I have a feeling there is plenty of new clothing out in the harbors in the shipping crates that are not being delivered.  I for one am sick of the policies that lead to this.

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt well for me they lost the "career" option when they stopped carrying Louis Dell'olio's line.

He made clothes that worked for both casual and work. I totally understand that dressing in the workplace is a lot more relaxed than it once was. Many years ago, the company I worked for went to "casual" Fridays. One of the guys I worked with used to joke that my idea of casual for work was dress slacks and a nice blouse. Well, yeah. Back then that was true. I wear jeans to work now if I go in on Friday's but most of the time, I still wear nice pants and because I always freeze in the AC and sometimes even in the winter, I wear a jacket. Gives me a place to stick my security fob so I don't get locked out in the hall.

I bought several items of his when it was on clearance because I knew I could wear them to church. 

Casual doesn't have to be sloppy. Heck I'm working from home these days and I still put on jeans and a decent top. It may be only the cats who see me but I still want to look nice.

Esteemed Contributor

oh @Spurt I know exactly the top that you mean! I looked at that and it was just a "no". That's not a good look. 

Plus whoever is styling the models, IMO, often put them in an incorrect size. I feel bad for the models.

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@Spurt well for me they lost the "career" option when they stopped carrying Louis Dell'olio's line.

He made clothes that worked for both casual and work. I totally understand that dressing in the workplace is a lot more relaxed than it once was. Many years ago, the company I worked for went to "casual" Fridays. One of the guys I worked with used to joke that my idea of casual for work was dress slacks and a nice blouse. Well, yeah. Back then that was true. I wear jeans to work now if I go in on Friday's but most of the time, I still wear nice pants and because I always freeze in the AC and sometimes even in the winter, I wear a jacket. Gives me a place to stick my security fob so I don't get locked out in the hall.

I bought several items of his when it was on clearance because I knew I could wear them to church. 

Casual doesn't have to be sloppy. Heck I'm working from home these days and I still put on jeans and a decent top. It may be only the cats who see me but I still want to look nice.

@GinaV24 

Sometimes the "business casual" clothes are more comfy than a tight pair of leggins or jeans and a top made of uncomfortable material.....

And I bet your kitties like that you look nice 😺

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I,m from the dress up era.  In fact just finished the series, "Mad Men".

I use to push the baby buggy or stroller, all dressed up in dress or skirts and matching sweater   We never worn sweats or jeans.  Never get uncomfortable.  I dress casual today, but still neat.

I know fashion changes with the times or they couldn,t make a living, but we have gotten so sloppy in the fashion world IMO.

Prices are out ridiculous.

Super Contributor

The last few Fashion Days have been more comfy cozy and we are saturated. Target is better honestly, and less expensive and immediate for me so.... Easy choice. As I said on another thread, the stock performance reflects the attitude on these boards. But they wanted to eliminate them, hmmm.
Valued Contributor

Tunic joggers tunic joggers tunic joggers tunic joggers tunic joggers tunic joggers tunic joggers tunic joggers tunic joggers tunic joggers tunic joggers tunic joggers tunic joggers tunic joggers tunic joggers tunic joggers tunic joggers tunic joggers...on five easy pays!

Honored Contributor

I'm not very observent in general, but DH sure has his eyes on skin tight leggings around here.  Always makes a comment:  'Did you see that woman wearing those skin tight pants?'  (Which I say:  'Where'?, looking around.  lol

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

Just b/c leggings come in your size, doesn't mean you should buy and wear them!