Respected Contributor

I've had good luck with "As Is" items.  Yesterday while watching a SG show, there was a pair of capris that I liked.  Not willing to pay $58 a pair.  I went online and found a black pair and a white pair in my size.  Bought both for the price of one on the television.

Super Contributor

I was wondering how you (or anyone else) likes the clothes from Blair. I was looking at their stuff online yesterday and was wondering how their stuff is.

Respected Contributor

For me, clothing at QVC was always overpriced. I've only bought a few pieces in over 10 years. I went on a trip in late Janurary and I bought really nice pieces from TJ Maxx and JCP. The clothing is beautiful and the prices are incredible. I'm a young woman and I won't pay $70 for a top or pair of pants unless it's something out of this world. I get a name brand dress or a pair of shoes for that price or even less.

Shop around. The only line I think is worth it at the Q is Linea. I worked in apparel and I can tell the line is amazing and the prices are reasonable. I have a vest from SG and it's not badly made but it's not anything to write home about. I got in on sale and I still thought it was pricey.

I agree QVC raises prices and then heavily promotes easy pay. If you don't like the pricing don't buy it. Otherwise, it will just keep going up. Go back to brick and mortar, shop JCP online and other retailers and realize how many options are out there for similar and even nicer styles.

Easy pay is not a sale. HSN does a better job at clearance than QVC.

~Live with Intention~
Valued Contributor

Totally agree.  Just saw a cute Isaac top I would like to buy but refuse to pay over $50 including taxes and shipping....close to $60..............nothing is that cute on QVC anymore.  And the shoes.....who is their right mind is going to pay $170-$200 for some of the most ugliest shoes I have ever seen.....even Vionic.....out of decent price range.  QVC keeps this up and back to making the malls happy.  Also just ordered Carole Hochman pj's on Amazon....need them  for a cruise.....QVC didn't have a good selection and the price was too much......$35 on Amazon.  Keep it up QVC and you can go the way of Toys R Us....price yourself out of business.

Valued Contributor

My spending at the Q is considerably less than it was 5-6 years ago mainly because of the prices--$50--$60 for polyester tops or bottoms are way too much for me.  I have been lucky to get a couple of D & Co  tops-one fleece, one vest-for $20 on clearance.  I've worn the vest many times this winter and I love it.  I still buy Isaac 24/7 pants because of the fabric and fit and his sweaters last forever.  But my primary shopping is Amazon for shoes--their CS and delivery is fabulous and my clothing is mostly from a pricey catalogue for plus sizes.  By pricey the tops  average around $60 and pants around $50.  Their select clothing are considerably higher. BUT, and this is a huge but, they send me coupons, usually 40% and have a flat rate shipping of $8.95.  Last night I ordered over $400 of clothing and my bill is $248 with s&h with an average of $31 per piece.  And this is all new spring and summer clothing.  

Esteemed Contributor

Everything goes up and all clothing does, but QVC used to be a retailer that sold by the thousands and therefore would offer a better value than B&M stores. 

I think they're due for a name change. Online retail has quality, value and convenience now in excess of QVC.

The in-house designers were ALWAYS less than the others, like Denim & Co.and Susan Graver. I've now seen prices from both that not only match them but ask for more.

Yes, I expect their prices to go up, but I also expect them to be lower than competition. Easy pays don't cut it for me and are not an enticement to buy even though the prices are higher.  

Super Contributor

Even the Lunchtime Specials are not "bargains" anymore .... something happened recently with the pricing .... is it due to merging with Zulily, HSN, etc.?   Who knows, some one is getting rich~perhaps it's the stockholders.

Esteemed Contributor

@DCGIRL

Well it isn’t going to get better.    All indications are the economy is doing  well so prices rise in a good economy and with the new trade tariffs recently imposed, prices here will get higher.  

Esteemed Contributor

@NycVixen

I recently went on TJMaxx website looking at shoes.  I found two,pair of MIZ Mooz shoes currently being sold on the Q for $149.95 but on TjMaxx for $59.99 and $49.99 respectively.  I bought both pair for a lot less than 1 pairs tge Q.   TJ Maxx And Marshall’s are the best for bargains

Valued Contributor
I whole heartedly agree! The big dept. stores are having sales constantly. Brick & mortar, catalog or online; there’s always a code or points as a reward for shopping, something as an incentive to shop. .
The prices from the Q have risen slowly throughout the years & are getting a bit ridiculous. There’s probably more overhead for clothing & other items there than at a traditional store.
I do still purchase some clothing as I’m disabled. I can walk but, not the length of the huge malls we have!
I wish the prices were more reasonable. They would probably sell more in the long run!