Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion Fashion Fashion?

QVC has never had a competent jewelry buyer who understood what their customers wanted and could  afford.  They missed all the major trends by years.  By the time they caught on that something was popular, everyone already had as much as they wanted.  TPTB let this go on for years and it continues to this day.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Reviews: Fashion Fashion Fashion?

[ Edited ]

They latch onto a fad (and often late to the party) and hawk it to death: spinel, druzy, cold shoulders, sharkbite hems...till every line is saturated with it.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt   Q has also lost many great jewelry designers that used to have sell out shows. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@Spurt   Q has also lost many great jewelry designers that used to have sell out shows. 

I totally agree.  Q is not my go to for jewelry.  Glad there are other channels to choose from.  I don't complain about lack of jewelry on Q I just go someplace else.  Can't get blood out of a turnip lol I think that is the saying.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus 

Yep, your right--they did lose some designers, but it always seems to be the same story with QVC ---Now its all about repetition and the same stuff OVER AND OVER, that isnt selling well...So why dont they find new unique designers---.  I know gold prices have skyrocketed, but there are other alternatives..... 

It appears the buyers aren't willing to branch out to find different designers...they go to the same factories in Italy that produce the same circle jewelry they've shown for ages--a  fad that died long ago, and chains, chains, chains....lyra jewelry.....etc etc

Certainly there are other designers in this world....They used to have unique designers from Israel like Hagit ---havent seen her in ages....I remember they used to have artisan craftsman from the Southwest and Mexico---- their jewelry was reasonable in price and very interesting and different....Designers from Bali and indonesia....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt I totally agree with you. Q shows either really expensive jewelry or boring jewelry. They stopped having unique items years ago when they went all in for bronzo and drusy it seems to me. Heck Honora used to have some really fun items in pearl or mother of pearl - I know because I own them and they went to offering just pearl stud sets for TSVs. Geez really - no imagination at all. Well I don't really need anything but that wouldn't keep me from watching if they had something interesting.
Esteemed Contributor

I am so glad I have all the jewelry I will ever need and I tend to wear my favorite go to pieces and nothing else especially now that I am retired.   My favorite hoops, a simple necklace, an app watch, my favorite diamond ring and a fashion ring on the right hand and maybe a bracelet if I feel so inclined.

Trusted Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I don't watch anymore---feel the same way about the fashions----and the make up and the food and the garden----most of the hosts drive me insane anyway---

------

I first watched QVC, with my Mom, back when it started,and I was still in my teens.

Throughout all these years, I have been an occasional viewer and buyer.  

I have always watched, if I was interested, in the product.  Over all these years, I can honestly say, I've never had a host bother me, to the point of complaining, much less refusing to watch, if they were on.  That doesn't mean I haven't had hosts I enjoyed, and hosts, that fell into the "not so much" category. I still feel that way.

Maybe because I only watch now and  then, maybe because, I've never had any sense of attachment to the hosts, maybe because I recognize, that I could never do their job? At any rate, the hosts really aren't a factor in my viewing.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GinaV24 wrote:
@SpurtI totally agree with you. Q shows either really expensive jewelry or boring jewelry. They stopped having unique items years ago when they went all in for bronzo and drusy it seems to me. Heck Honora used to have some really fun items in pearl or mother of pearl - I know because I own them and they went to offering just pearl stud sets for TSVs. Geez really - no imagination at all. Well I don't really need anything but that wouldn't keep me from watching if they had something interesting.

--     --   
I loved, and have a number of pair of, the 10mm, 14k Honora studs, in various colors, that QVC used to offer.

The earrings were beautiful, great quality, and QVC, had the best price, by far, compared to any other site, including Honora!

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus 

Yep, your right--they did lose some designers, but it always seems to be the same story with QVC ---Now its all about repetition and the same stuff OVER AND OVER, that isnt selling well...So why dont they find new unique designers---.  I know gold prices have skyrocketed, but there are other alternatives..... 

It appears the buyers aren't willing to branch out to find different designers...they go to the same factories in Italy that produce the same circle jewelry they've shown for ages--a  fad that died long ago, and chains, chains, chains....lyra jewelry.....etc etc

Certainly there are other designers in this world....They used to have unique designers from Israel like Hagit ---havent seen her in ages....I remember they used to have artisan craftsman from the Southwest and Mexico---- their jewelry was reasonable in price and very interesting and different....Designers from Bali and indonesia....

@Spurt   I agree, but the numbers must have also shown them that we are not buying, so why bother. There are certainly great jewelry designers at all price points. Maybe Q's demands (% of sales, # of pieces) is a turn off to the jewelers. They can sell and make better money elsewhere.