Respected Contributor

I realized that I much prefer Fashion Day over Beauty Day. At about 6:00 I was looking for a piece of Denim & Co or something. And HSN is doing the same thing I think. And can’t watch the Pandemic Channel.

At least on Fashion Day I can probably afford something!

Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion Day over Beauty Day

@wakefield64    That makes two of us.  This day and all beauty days, are deadly boring for me.  Saving a bunch of money.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I got tired of wasting my money on expensive beauty products when Drug Store or Department Store brands performed just as well or BETTER!!!!  So I don't watch any QVC Beauty Shows.....I do watch some of the QVC Fashion Shows, although there are only a couple QVC brands that I even purchase clothing from these days....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Most of us have not been wearing as much lipstick, lip gloss, and blush in the last six months (under our masks). I have plenty waiting for me from my "stash" when the masks come off after the vaccine.

You can only own, and faithfully use so many beauty gadgets. Many of us have lots, and lots of potions, serums, day creams and night creams too.

Hair products do make a lot of sense right now.

But, on the other hand, I am being more disciplined not to buy additional clothes and shoes, at least for now. So, even fashion is less tempting.

Respected Contributor

At least Beauty Day is is somewhat special, happening 5 times a year.  Fashion Day is unofficially every Monday! This Monday is the exception.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hardly wore make-up before the " mask" era but one day walked by the mirror and thought -- yikes at least I need mascara & eyeliner.  My eyes look droopy.

Yesterday, got dressed and wanted to put on eye makeup. Pulled my tube of mascara out of makeup bag -- it was dried up😮.

Went to Ulta bought a few shadows and mascara.  Today, I'm leaving to go out spouse said do you have on make-up?  Yup, he was surprised!  

Just because it has celebrity name or major name doesn't mean it's great product.  I used Philosphy ten years and it started not working for my skin, changed to all clinique -- now I use Almay or Nuetrogena.  Both work fine for make-up but ❤️ Beekman skincare.  Drugstores have great deals.  I'm buying a few new lipsticks tomorrow.

Trusted Contributor

I have never cared for Philosophy products. Tried a little ,my skin hates it all. The 2-3 hour shows back in the day were quickly exhausting for me. How many times can they squeeze soap in a bowl and make so much suds? BORING!

Trusted Contributor

@wakefield64  I would much prefer to watch beauty all day instead of fashion. I have no interest in the fashion shows they have on. I have never bought one piece of clothing (other than Breezies Bras) at QVC or any other shopping channel.

Super Contributor

I definitely get bored on beauty day. I keep some 2 or 3 hr  shows (fashion) on my DVR.  I can watch them over and over again.  I save a lot of money that way also. LOL.  The five minute beauty presentations in any given show is sufficient.  That is how I found Beekman 1802 soap and Philosophy shower and shampoo.  Love these two products.

Super Contributor

Oh yes,  Fashion day over Beauty day anytime.

But fasion day with less LOGO...  Not a fan.