Esteemed Contributor

Re: FYI SUNDAY RILEY WAS CAUGHT IN A SCHEME TO BURRY BAD REVIEWS AND CREATE FAKE GOOD ONES! Google i

Plenty of other brands to buy from.  I’m staying away from this one.

Trusted Contributor

Re: FYI SUNDAY RILEY WAS CAUGHT IN A SCHEME TO BURRY BAD REVIEWS AND CREATE FAKE GOOD ONES! Google i

I still have never heard of her, or have any idea who she is?

I gather she sells on QVC?

Respected Contributor

B U R Y

Esteemed Contributor

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Okay, if the charges were made two years ago, and the case settled last year, why all the screaming hysterics by the o/p?

It's old news.

@Anonymous032819 

Maybe because the brand just made a debut on QVC.  I have heard of the brand (never bought it), but not of these issues.  It's good to know and factor in.

Hyacinth

Valued Contributor

@hyacinth003  I was thinking the same thing. I've never even heard of this brand let alone the scheme, so I am appreciative for the OP posting it. It's always the SAME posters who have snarky comments on thread after thread. I'd hate to have all that negativity day after day! Has to be exhausting. JMO

~ Hope in TN ~
Esteemed Contributor

It's a new brand to QVC, so this undoubtedly was not on the radar of many QVC customers and potential purchasers.  It can be valuable in helping to make a completely informed decision.

And now we have the "DATED NEWS!" police on the forums who scream that anything historical can never be discussed.  And rail against THE USE OF ALL CAPITALS!

I'm not aware that the OP was violating any rules of the forums.

Respected Contributor

@CRM00 

OK, I need a translation please!

"Sunday Riley was caught in a scheme to burry bad reviews"

and:

"She did it for 2 years but was just recently chewed"

Who is Sunday Riley?  Why was she chewed? 

Esteemed Contributor

While the news about the Sunday Riley brand isn't new, unless you follow a lot of beauty news websites, you may not know the backstory about how this brand gamed the system.

This article from CNN explains what happened.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/22/us/sunday-riley-fake-reviews-trnd/index.html

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The funniest thing is that with the settlement the FTC extracted a promise that she and her company would not engage in this practice again.

Granted, shutting them down would have been extreme and harsh, but a financial penalty might have carried more weight.

As obnoxious as it is, the practice of posting fake reviews is probably rampant across all industries and businesses.