Respected Contributor

Re: FYI Corporate reads our Reviews

Hello, nancy1423 and welcome. Smile

That's great that QVC read your review and reached out to you. Glas things worked out well for you.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Valued Contributor

On 11/2/2014 Remee said:
On 11/1/2014 Zita said:

I surely do hope they read them! I was appalled today to read a review of a Joan Rivers jacket. The reviewer wore it to work, got compliments, but then said she'd decided to return it. I wonder how she re-attached the tags; oh, probably didn't bother. When I receive something, I try it on and decide right away whether to keep or not. I don't wear it out and about and see what others think about it.

I don't understand why you were "appalled" that this lady wore her jacket to work and returned it. And when you return an item you don't have to reattach the tags,etc. I see you've been with QVC at least since 2011. Surely you've heard the hosts encourage you to use ANY product up as it is intended for the full 30-day trial period, then if you need to return it you may. That includes shoes, clothes and EVERYTHING QVC sells. Makeup, Breezies, PJ's, handbags, shoes, jewelry, etc....

In light of that, wearing a jacket to work and finding out it doesn't work for you is the reason that 30-day period exists. Guess you just have never used it for yourself for the purposes in which it is intended.

Yes, I know the spiel, but people who actually wear and use personal products and then return them are tacky and tasteless.

Respected Contributor

On 11/3/2014 Zita said:
On 11/2/2014 Remee said:
On 11/1/2014 Zita said:

I surely do hope they read them! I was appalled today to read a review of a Joan Rivers jacket. The reviewer wore it to work, got compliments, but then said she'd decided to return it. I wonder how she re-attached the tags; oh, probably didn't bother. When I receive something, I try it on and decide right away whether to keep or not. I don't wear it out and about and see what others think about it.

I don't understand why you were "appalled" that this lady wore her jacket to work and returned it. And when you return an item you don't have to reattach the tags,etc. I see you've been with QVC at least since 2011. Surely you've heard the hosts encourage you to use ANY product up as it is intended for the full 30-day trial period, then if you need to return it you may. That includes shoes, clothes and EVERYTHING QVC sells. Makeup, Breezies, PJ's, handbags, shoes, jewelry, etc....

In light of that, wearing a jacket to work and finding out it doesn't work for you is the reason that 30-day period exists. Guess you just have never used it for yourself for the purposes in which it is intended.

Yes, I know the spiel, but people who actually wear and use personal products and then return them are tacky and tasteless.

Not in QVC world, as stated we are encouraged on EVERY item sold whether it be clothes, make up, electronics and the list goes on to "try it for 30 days" IF you do not like it for whatever reason, return it. Plain and simple.

I have heard that when something is returned it goes back to inventory and goes out to someone else and that does include clothing. So if you have an event coming up that you need a special item to wear, purchase it, wear it for 30 days and return it.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

On 11/3/2014 golfcartrider said:
On 11/3/2014 Zita said:
On 11/2/2014 Remee said:
On 11/1/2014 Zita said:

Not in QVC world, as stated we are encouraged on EVERY item sold whether it be clothes, make up, electronics and the list goes on to "try it for 30 days" IF you do not like it for whatever reason, return it. Plain and simple.

I have heard that when something is returned it goes back to inventory and goes out to someone else and that does include clothing. So if you have an event coming up that you need a special item to wear, purchase it, wear it for 30 days and return it.

That is the most appalling abuse of the return policy I've ever heard and it's people who do that who will eventually cause QVC to change its lenient policy. Or even better, to close the accounts of those who do this. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Also, if something is returned in an obviously used condition, they cannot resell it as new. I'd like to know where you got that information?

I agree with Zita - "tacky and tasteless"! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Trusted Contributor

I have definitely received clothing that had been returned but I knew that would happen. I have waitlisted many clothing clearance items. If my waitlist goes to "in process", I know another customer probably returned it. I have never, so far, had a bad experience with the item, i.e. no stains, tears, etc. The packaging hasn't always been the greatest, but I was just happy I could get the item at a great price.

Trusted Contributor

And the warehouse also reads our comments on returns. If I need to return an item, I write why I am returning it. A few times I wrote that neither the host nor product description mentioned something that was a deal breaker for me or made the item to not be used fully for the purpose I bought it for. I usally pay for return shipping myself. In the cases where I paid for the shipping and stated I felt the item was misrepresented, I would find a credit on my card. The first time that happened it took me awhile to figure out what the credit was. Then I realized QVC credited me for the shipping I spent to send the item back to them. They have done this a few times for me when I haven't even asked to be refunded.

Regular Contributor

On 11/3/2014 Venezia said:
On 11/3/2014 golfcartrider said:
On 11/3/2014 Zita said:
On 11/2/2014 Remee said:
On 11/1/2014 Zita said:

That is the most appalling abuse of the return policy I've ever heard and it's people who do that who will eventually cause QVC to change its lenient policy. Or even better, to close the accounts of those who do this. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Also, if something is returned in an obviously used condition, they cannot resell it as new. I'd like to know where you got that information?

I agree with Zita - "tacky and tasteless"! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Agreed and further to that point - guess who pays for the product that is used/ingested/tested and cannot be resold? Yep, that cost is passed along to the rest of the QVC customers. The Q doesn't eat the "waste" cost; the rest of us pay for it. Similar to brick-and-mortar stores factoring in $X in shoplifting and passing that along to the buyers.

Trusted Contributor

Why do you think they have these forums and reviews?!

(hits head)

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/3/2014 Vickie00 said:

And the warehouse also reads our comments on returns. If I need to return an item, I write why I am returning it. A few times I wrote that neither the host nor product description mentioned something that was a deal breaker for me or made the item to not be used fully for the purpose I bought it for. I usally pay for return shipping myself. In the cases where I paid for the shipping and stated I felt the item was misrepresented, I would find a credit on my card. The first time that happened it took me awhile to figure out what the credit was. Then I realized QVC credited me for the shipping I spent to send the item back to them. They have done this a few times for me when I haven't even asked to be refunded.

Interesting...years ago, I had a CS tell me that those comments on the return items are never read - the warehouse people open package and put item away!! {#emotions_dlg.confused1} If there is an issue or negative feedback, he said to call CS and tell them why item is being returned!!

Regular Contributor

On 11/3/2014 corita said:
On 11/3/2014 Vickie00 said:

Interesting...years ago, I had a CS tell me that those comments on the return items are never read - the warehouse people open package and put item away!! {#emotions_dlg.confused1} If there is an issue or negative feedback, he said to call CS and tell them why item is being returned!!

I just was told the same thing last week by CS - I wasn't receiving the requested emails that my returns were received and processed, and the CS person said it was because the warehouse people never read the returns slips.