Trusted Contributor

@software wrote:

I  miss the days when hosts talked about the PRODUCT, without all the so-called entertainment.

I watch a lot of JTV now, yes the hosts hype the products & can be a little over enthusiastic but they go into great detail describing the product.    If you buy a gemstone piece, say a ring, for example, they tell you all about the stone, whether it's treated, where mined, the gram weight of the setting, and on & on.

Believe it or not,  there was a time when QVC described their products from A-Z

I guess TPTB think a circus atmosphere is better.

And if the sales are up, so be it.   Click

I really miss that too.  I think they had success with this "friends" approach and it is nice to see friendliness and civility.  However, they have gone overboard to the extent that I feel they are wasting my time.  We do still need to hear about the product.  

Super Contributor

It was bad enough hearing FRI YAY on Fridays. But this morning, (Wednesday) they have had two preview clips for Memorial Day Weekend with Jane blabbing "Tune in on Fri Yay!!"

It's enough to make a person buy the headphones that they advertise by showing the host sitting there in complete studio silence whilst they smile and tap their feet.

It did, however, occur to me that Jane might hate saying it as much as we hate hearing it. She is paid to be perky and upbeat, and do as she is told.

So if you are reading, Q mods, please pass along to whoever needs to hear it that many of us are turning QVC off on Fridays, just to avoid hearing the ubiquitous, juvenile shrieking about Fri Yay.

Respected Contributor

Re: FRI YAY is a bust

[ Edited ]

@EatWell   There is never too much David Venable for me.  I like lots of the other long term veteran hosts like Jane, Carolyn, the soon to leave Jill, and so on.  Just starting to get acquainted with the newer folks.

If the theme/product being presented on a particular show isn't for me I just find something else on the tube.  

I don't know why people exert so much energy expressing totally negative commentary on a particular host's or vendor rep's style of presenting but it seems to be a steady drumbeat by some that I easily skim or skip entirely. 

Honored Contributor

I heard FriYay first at QVC, but I did see an ad for another store using that term too.  I think QVC is totally overdoing it.  Jane, you are a good host, but stop the silliness with FriYay.    Same for David--I've always liked him, but too many shows and too many "happy dances" get very boring.  What they need is to show NEW products at decent prices.  Also, don't charge $5.50 to ship 3 utensils that cost $19.95.        As far as Qurate thinking that by joining HSN and QVC they can compete with Amazon, they have a very, very long way to go.  Amazon has next day shipping even if you order in the afternoon.  I again placed two different orders to Amazon on Thursday and they were at my door Friday afternoon combined in the same package.  QVC has items "in process" for 6 days and then after they are shipped there is no tracking information.  

Respected Contributor

Stupid concept.

FRI YAY??? What are the viewers?, like three year olds?

Took a lot of thought for someone to come up with that idea.

FRI YAY. FRI YAY. FRI YAY.

Oh please.....

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

I am so sick of the same old hosts on prime time, give the new kids a chance. Who was the genius that came up with the buzz word FRI YAY anyway. Bring back Beauty IQ with EIise and Courtney, those women know how to entertain and sell.

Super Contributor

I agree the overabundance of beauty shows is getting ridiculous.

Trusted Contributor

@maxxb1 , more like FRI-YAWN.

Trusted Contributor

@threecees , already available on Etsy.  Q late to the party again.

Esteemed Contributor

@MJDinVegas wrote:

@threecees , already available on Etsy.  Q late to the party again.

@MJDinVegas They are probably alot cheaper than they would be

sold on QVC.😊