Contributor

FREE SHIPPING… WHAT A JOKE!!

[ Edited ]

So I bought 2 items yesterday with "free shipping". 
Well I check the price today and they are lower! What!!
They are about the same total price now with shipping as yesterday. 
I called CS to get a price adjustment and they said no because technically the price I pay yesterday is lower than today and I mean it was like by $.85.

So don't fall for the free shipping gimmick they use. I swear I'm so done with QVC I'm just gonna stick with Amazon they have better prices most times and always faster shipping. 

Honored Contributor

Re: FREE SHIPPING… WHAT A JOKE!!

I keep saying there really is no free lunch; there is no free shipping!  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@Trixiesmom1   All "free shipping" means from any company is that someone else is paying for tyhat shipping -  the companies are not.  It does pay to shop, but you will still be the one paying sometimes even when you think you are not. 

According to the financial analysts who look at all sorts of figures I don't, different companies do it different ways -  pick carefully but as the old cliche goes, don't cut off your nose to spite your face.   Off and on over the years, I have saved hundreds of dollars (literally) comparing my QVC and Amazon purchases.   And off and on over the years, I have been burned by companies that pay for free shipping by reducing the quality or the quantity of what I used to get from them.   

Honored Contributor

I placed five different orders yesterday, so I just checked to see if the prices have changed on any of the items.

Four of the items are still at the same price that they were yesterday.

One of the items has changed price:  it has gone up!  So not only did I get free S&H, I also paid less by ordering yesterday.

And one of my orders had already shipped last night.

(I did notice that a few things in my wishlist have gone down by a few dollars, but I was aware that the prices would likely come down at some point.  Nothing I'm in a rush to get.)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's like a supermarket chain here in the Mid-Atlantic.  When there's a BOGO sale, you can be sure the single-item price is higher than usual, sometimes much higher.

Esteemed Contributor

QVC shipping is horrible- and getting worse! Free or not, I'm out.

I bought a new Dooney bag yesterday. Free shipping AND fabulous price.

From ebay.

I also bought a stretch velour lounge set from another website. Less than half of what a similar item would cost here and for about the same cost to ship- FedEx delivery.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I keep saying there really is no free lunch; there is no free shipping!  Woman Wink

@Sooner 

You're right....it's just a 'shell game'.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

And, IMO, the cost of s/h is already factored into the price of the item.  So the extra charge for shipping is pure profit for the seller.

Respected Contributor

For me shopping here has become more and more of a time waster. I say this because repetitive checking of prices, order status, returns processing is just not worth it. Yes, I have purchased a few nice things like the D&C waffle knit long sleeve shirts, and a Northern Nights 100% cotton quilt recently. I know of a few people who have purchased some very nice casual clothing from Amazon so when I want something in future will look around more. I don’t understand why Q cannot get their shipping problems fixed, this has been going on for over two years.
Super Contributor

I had a good experience with free shipping day. The one item on my wish list came down in price by a substantial amount. I checked on the price because of free shipping and was glad I did.