Honored Contributor

Re: FREE SHIPPING… WHAT A JOKE!!

Everyone will have different reasons why free shipping and ez pay are motivators to place orders.

Personally some of the things I wanted were same price other was. .85 higher but saving $5.50 on shipping  outweighed the additional .85 for the item.

And the others were "advanced orders" which automatically switched to free shipping saving me over $30🙂🙂

Respected Contributor

I ordered a Valerie Parr Hill console table and saved $20.47 on shipping. Price is exactly the same today.

Also ordered a Dooney and Bourke handbag and saved $11.47 on shipping. Bag was on sale saving me an additional $38.00.

I am more than happy. Thanks QVC!

Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee 

Was it the console hutch style I really love that piece.  I found a comparable one but still love hers.

Enjoy!  I'm sure you have the perfect place for it in your beautiful home! 

homedecor1

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Regal Bee 

Was it the console hutch style I really love that piece.  I found a comparable one but still love hers.

Enjoy!  I'm sure you have the perfect place for it in your beautiful home! 

homedecor1

@homedecor1  No, it was the Christina Console table (H292476)....I've had my eye on it for a bit and with free shipping, you can't beat it. I ordered the one in the white birch color. Really excited to receive it.

You are so sweet. Heart

Respected Contributor

I've never seen any other company change prices in a clearance mode like QVC. They increase the sale/clearance price of many items during a free shipping day to offset the "free" shipping. If I'm interested in reordering an item, I always check my previous order price for comparison. If the item is low in quantity that may outweigh my reluctance to play their game, but at least I'm not feeling duped.

Valued Contributor

But, what if you had to return it! Might be free shipping (rarely) but if you don't like the item and have to return, they make up the free shipping.

Frequent Contributor

There is no such thing as "Free Shipping" Shipping is buried in the price. And with Easy Pay, they want to to think its a bargain. It should say "Shipping Included" 

Honored Contributor

Well, four of the five orders I placed on Free Shipping Day (19th) have already shipped and one is out for delivery today.  Another expected tomorrow.

Since I always check prices on other sites and none of my items went up in price, I'm happy with the deals I got.

Everyone has to decide for him/herself what overall price is acceptable.  I do know that, if you go to the post office (or UPS) to ship something back on your own dime, it's going to cost a lot more than the QVC pre-paid labels in most cases.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I placed an order for 4 different items that day.  I don't know what the price was prior to free s/h day but I was satisfied with the price I was paying on the day I ordered them.  Because of this post, I went and checked all 4 of my items.  3 of them are the exact same price and one of them increased in price by over $6.00. 

I don't order items just because they have free s/h.  I still comparison shop if it is something I can find elsewhere.  There have been instances where items are cheaper elsewhere even with s/h.  I go by the bottom line, total price of the item. 

I see posts all the time bragging about the free s/h and free return s/h and fast shipping with Zappos.  Not once have I ever found a better price for shoes with this website.  No doubt they have the free s/h both ways factored into their cost. 

Amazon doesn't always have the cheapest price on items either.  If you care about prices, you have to shop around.  Some people just don't care. They are loyal to certain companies, they need fast shipping or they just don't have the inclination to do any research.   

Not everything on Amazon has free returns.  And if you a Prime, s/h is n ot free.  You are paying for a years worth of s/h up front with your prime membership.  If Amazon wasn't making money on Prime, they wouldn't offer it.     

@Just Bling, I use rebate sites all the time and not once has the price gone up when I go through the rebate site.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva   I have no idea what I was reading or where that article went but I will take your word on it.  I don't use any of them but maybe I will now look into them.   Thanks for clarifying that.