Honored Contributor

Re: FREE SHIPPING… WHAT A JOKE!!

People look at things like shipping and get lulled into ignoring what the total cost is.  It's all about the bottom line:  WHAT does it cost to buy the item, and what would it cost to ship it back if you don't like it?

As another poster says: DO the math.  Don't look at the pieces of the price, ask yourself "What will be paying for this?"

Respected Contributor

@Trixiesmom1 

Unfortunately you found out the hard way.

We know that already, free shipping prices go up.

Also, I don't know for sure but those special websites that you go through to get rebates, someone reported that the prices are higher than if you don't go through them.

Honored Contributor

There's an old saying: "There's no such thing as a free lunch."  Same goes for "free" shipping.

Honored Contributor

Not one item in my WL was higher in price yesty.

It is NOT an across the board thing.  I finished my Christmas shopping yesterday.

AMZ may ship faster, but their prices change by the HOUR and they DO NOT give you a 30 day price guarantee like QVC does.

AND AMZ does not give you til Jan 31st to return Christmas gifts.

Email the moderators and ask again for an adjustment.

Esteemed Contributor

I did well.  A Lock n Lock set I need and had been eyeing, and a clearance holiday throw that is also quite useful in this household.

Neither price had changed over time, nor today.  

I worked retail for 25 years and prices do change.  As someone who had to do re-pricing manually, I've seen it first hand!

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

Its really hit or miss.  I checked items I had on Advance Order to see if I could cancel and reorder.  Helped on one item but others had gone up in price so it made no difference.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

There's an old saying: "There's no such thing as a free lunch."  Same goes for "free" shipping.

@Sooner said the same thing in post #2 above.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

I saw the heads-up that Sunday might be a free shipping day.  Most of the items in my Wishlist went up in price by last Thursday...UGH!  I did not order anything.  I'm happy for those that were able to actually save on your orders.

Esteemed Contributor

@Trixiesmom1 wrote:

So I bought 2 items yesterday with "free shipping". 
Well I check the price today and they are lower! What!!
They are about the same total price now with shipping as yesterday. 
I called CS to get a price adjustment and they said no because technically the price I pay yesterday is lower than today and I mean it was like by $.85.

So don't fall for the free shipping gimmick they use. I swear I'm so done with QVC I'm just gonna stick with Amazon they have better prices most times and always faster shipping. 

@Trixiesmom1 I would email the QVCsocialteam and see if you get a different answer.  The CS response to you was not satisfactory, in my opinion.  I agree with you though about being "done" with shopping on QVC.  I have about "had it" as well.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

Not one item in my WL was higher in price yesty.

It is NOT an across the board thing.  I finished my Christmas shopping yesterday.

AMZ may ship faster, but their prices change by the HOUR and they DO NOT give you a 30 day price guarantee like QVC does.

AND AMZ does not give you til Jan 31st to return Christmas gifts.

Email the moderators and ask again for an adjustment.

I get free return shipping from Amazon. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky