Honored Contributor

The Dooney TSV and a humidifier that was on last night and a pr. of Mark Fischer knee boots will cost over $12 to return!!! The real deal would be free shipping and free returns.

Trusted Contributor

Re: FREE SHIPPING WEEKEND, BUT?

I like ordering from Nordstroms and Amazon Prime. Free shipping and returns.

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

Everything good comes with a price or a hitch!!

Super Contributor

QVC's shipping and return prices are the highest in the retail industry.  Not sure how QVC can keep doing business this way!  The only things I actually buy from QVC are items that I know I will keep (like Josie Maran products I already know I like, etc.).  I usually use QVC as shopping inspiration and then search on Amazon, Target, Sephora, etc. to actually make a purchase with free shipping / returns.

Honored Contributor

Shop HQ's shipping is a lot hgher than Q or HSN. they charge $7 just to ship a small beauty item. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@minimalistWF  you wrote: "I usually use QVC as shopping inspiration and then search on Amazon, Target, Sephora, etc. to actually make a purchase with free shipping / returns."

And your shopping habits describe how Best Buy almost went out of business with their "come see and try out the stuff", but what shoppers were doing was research so they could make a purchase elsewhere".....

I wonder if QVC is going down the same road.....  At least Best Buy was smart enough to change their store's philosophy and tactics....I dont know if QVC Execs even realize this takes place....they think they have enough loyal customers to keep them going....but one wonders....especially with their unfavorable return policies----their $10 "try me fee" is a bit much (thats what I call it when you add in the $6.95 return label cost, plus the loss of your original shipping that you paid when you return an item)....And their exchange program is a farce....it applies only if they have your color/and or size available...and how often does that take place....Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I purchase quite a lot from QVC but very seldom have to return anything.

I always thoroughly read the description and measurements.  Either closely look at the item while be presented on air or look at the video on line.  I also read the reviews to get suggestions regarding the sizing of clothes, shoes, etc.

Yes, once in a while, an item just wasn't what I wanted, but since those instances are so rare for me I don't have any issue with the shipping fees to return an item.

Super Contributor

Exactly, you are right about the "try me fee" - it is easily $10-$15 to buy/return an item even if it simply doesn't suit you, which can easily happen when shopping from tv or online.  

I don't know if QVC is suffering from the same showrooming issue that Best Buy did, but i'm sure that the brands sold on QVC find a halo effect of being shown on TV and then having people purchase their items at other retailers instead.  

Valued Contributor

I might consider buying something for myself if it was also free returns. I would not buy a Christmas present at this point. Too little too late! HSN has been offering free shipping days for a few months & they don't raise the prices! In fact about 2 weeks ago I got free shipping on a few items I already have. The order was here in 4 days!

Super Contributor

Free shipping worked for me today. I got the last 3 items I had been watching for the last 3 people on my list. All were marked down a total of $48 and the free shipping total was $14.50. Happy camper.

I don't order shoes or clothes or anything else that has to fit from any on-line source and have had very few returns through the years.