Respected Contributor

Re: FREE SHIPPING TO NEW CUSTOMERS

@Nataliesgramma 

Many times I have thought:

"If they didn't have two ( and now THREE) shouting screeching yowling hosts on each show they COULD cut shipping costs."

Can you imagine the salary and overhead to pay those pajama-clad kidults ?

Really dumb move in my opinion.

Trusted Contributor

In this time of record high inflation, people are really having to rethink purchases, especially gift giving. The money they would save if QVC offered free shipping to everyone could make the difference for so many. 
Many retailers offer free shipping and their ship/delivery times are many, many times faster than the Q. Plus many offer free returns as well. 
I've been a loyal customer since QVC started and for them to offer incentives to new customers only is them saying the loyal customers don't matter. 
My shopping with QVC will definitely come to a fast halt in light of this.

Respected Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

@Nataliesgramma 

Many times I have thought:

"If they didn't have two ( and now THREE) shouting screeching yowling hosts on each show they COULD cut shipping costs."

Can you imagine the salary and overhead to pay those pajama-clad kidults ?

Really dumb move in my opinion.

@Othereeeen 

SO very true! I have thought that many times also, get rid of doubling & tripling up goofy hosts and save some overhead.  We don't watch to see a PJ / family history program, it's not a variety show.

Respected Contributor

New customers not only get that advantage/savings, maybe they'll sign up for the credit card too and receive another $60 free!

Trusted Contributor

I decided to tune into QVC2 to see if the hosts were touting the free shipping to new customers. There have been posts saying it was for only 15 items.

Well, Steve Doss just said that new customers receive free shipping on ALL orders now through 1-31-23

Trusted Contributor

I'll play Devil's Advocate here.

In QVC's defense, they need new blood.  Without bringing in new customers they will continue to sink.

There's a poster on here who frequently posts QVC's quarterly financial reports.

The reports are always bad news.  The ship is going down.

Always a decrease in this category, a decrease in that category.

Never any growth.

If QVC doesn't continue to find a way to bring in new money (new customers) then they will just shutter and go away the same as many big businesses before them.

Sure it sucks to have been shopping here forever and not get so much as a thank you.

But they aren't the first and they won't be the last to do things like this.

AT&T is giving away internet to new customers for 35 bucks a month.  I've been with them for over 20 years and I'm paying 100. 

Yep. But that's American Business 101 for you.

Back to QVC, here's how I see it.  The truth?  They can do this gimmick with the free shipping all they want but it isn't going to work.

They are grasping at straws here. Trying every trick in the book.

The coveted "young" customer they want is not there.

The younger generation isn't shopping QVC.  Never have.  Never will.  Amazon already owns them and they are getting free shipping over there all the time.

For the Q, their customer base has sadly aged out.

Not much left for them now.

So boycott them all you want. But in the end, they are leaving you either way.

Respected Contributor

It pays to shop around.  I have some things coming from the Q but free shipping.

Doesn't bother me I guess because lots of places do that sort of thing.  

Esteemed Contributor

It is merely a sales incentive for new customers.😐 Free shipping IS offered regularly here on select item; to include upcoming TSV', Big Deals, clearance items, etc... I do not understand how a business can be faulted for doing what profit driven businesses do; attempt to increase sales.  In the current financial climate, they have to be creative in doing so.😊

It defies logic that they would alienate their loyal, existing customer base without forethought.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖 

Occasional Contributor

When I heard about this last night during the TSV presentation, I couldn't believe it. I can't say that I will never buy anything from QVC, but I won't make a purchase until after the new customer free shipping deal has expired.

Esteemed Contributor

@Retire2022 wrote:

When I heard about this last night during the TSV presentation, I couldn't believe it. I can't say that I will never buy anything from QVC, but I won't make a purchase until after the new customer free shipping deal has expired.

@Retire2022 Not Me I am done.  I hope they don't make it now.