Esteemed Contributor

Re: FREE SHIPPING TO NEW CUSTOMERS

Remember, it costs 5 times as much to get a new customer than it does to retain existing customers. Retail sales have been very poor due to inflation. People are spending money on necessities versus non- essentials.

I don't know if people are doing research or just making rash decisions without thinking about the consequences. Too many good deals on various sites to get a no thank you for all your business.

Trusted Contributor

We're chopped liver (I've said this several times already, I'm so mad)

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Respected Contributor

@GingerHead wrote:

Id really like to hear David Venable comment on this controversy. How can he spin it without hurting his existing ITKWD fans?  I am livid as are many other long time customers.

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@GingerHead wrote:

Id really like to hear David Venable comment on this controversy. How can he spin it without hurting his existing ITKWD fans?  I am livid as are many other long time customers.

@Reever 

I'm a long time fan of In the Kitchen with Bob...then David.  David is great however with his dual personality of cooking & home shows vs his idiotic persona with the insufferable "Honey" business, don't count on him to step up against the Q's latest marketing program.

Occasional Contributor

I was literally stunned when I heard about this promotion. According to their financials, QVC is having to do what they "think" they have to do in order to survive as a company. In turn, I as a long time customer and supporter will do what I need to do as well, and that is spend my money with retailers who truly want to earn and keep my business. In the home shopping realm right now for me that is HSN. QVC's decision will actually save me a lot of money that I will no longer be spending with them. I hope they made the right choice. In my opinion they will gain a few more new customers than normal, but they will leave when the free shipping ends and realize you pay $5.50 to wait sometimes 15-20 days for an item.
Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

QVC Do you realize that we Customers that have been with you for years have kept this Company going??  YET, You are giving free shipping to new Customers for 15 orders till end of January?  

I will order nothing else from you unless you make this right.    NEW CUSTOMERS  MOST LIKELY WON'T STAY WITH QVC.  Your long time Customers are the ones keeping this Company going.  This is a bad decision.  Shame on whoever thought this was a good idea.  

I do know that other companies give things to new customers, storage places will give a free month or something but longtime customers do not get perks.  JTV the actually give you cash credit if you are a first time customer.  It is odd that companies do not seem to appreciate long time customers

Esteemed Contributor

Other place to shop. Amazon and Amazon Prime.  Even Zulily with one shipping charge for multiple orders. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Can someone tell me where they saw/heard this offer to new customers?

I'm reading conflicting things:  that it's only for 15 orders and then that it's every order through the end of January.

Does anyone know what it really is?

And for me, it means I will only order things I really want IF they have free shipping.

Trusted Contributor

I don't know. A business thinks with it's bottom line and I really would like to see the numbers that were crunched/what research was handed over for the person who authorized this decision. Businesses do everything based on numbers and research so if they honestly thought they would lose money in the long one, do you think they would have gone through with this?

Like I said... I don't know. And, I don't believe I (or any other customer) ever will.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

@Venezia 

QVC® Coupons

QVC® Coupons

New Customers Get Free Shipping thru 1/31/23*

Start with code FREESHIP on your 1st order & get a new code via email for Free Shipping thru 1/31/23.

Create an account today to get more special offers & sneak peeks at upcoming events delivered to your inbox.  

New customers will get multiple coupon codes by email after each purchase they make through Jan. 31, 2023.  It's not just one purchase.

You can enter COUPON in the search on the website to see the above promotion.

Note:  QVC included more detailed information yesterday, with the actual codes to use through January.  But that information appears to have been taken down or moved.   I read on the forum that some current  customers were trying to use those coupons themselves, and got the error message (of course) that it was only for new customers. So now it looks like all details are not available until that new customer creates their account.