Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: FREE EXCHANGE - a joke!

[ Edited ]

@grooms wrote:

In August I ordered Halston slacks in regular but they were way too long so I returned them for free exchange to the petite length.  I see today that they credited my account so I called CS and said someone didn't read my return slip correctly as they were to be exchanged.  I asked if I was going  to be charged S&H for this exchange and I was told I would pay S&H again. I asked her why - QVC advertises all day long free exchanges and that I wasn't going to pay S&H.  I was told that since a credit had been issued to  my account for the return they couldn't give me the free exchange to send them again.  I told her what horrible service and to cancel my order entirely and I will be sending back the top that matches it.  WHAT A JOKE AND PITIFUL and now I will return the top and pay the US Post Office to return the top.  Great way of doing business

@grooms  I went through the same exact situation several weeks ago with a pair of shoes for size exchange.  When CS told me there would be shipping charge on the re-order I told her NO charge for shipping or no reorder; there was no reorder.  And I should not have to speak to a supervisor or anyone else to overcompensate for the chronic incompetence that continues to plague QVC's service. How many times do we have to hear "I'm sorry"!  Yes, indeed, you are sorry!  Here on the forum we are just hearing about those of us affected, how many others outside forum are experiencing same complaints. You would think the complaints of incompetency would lead to improvement--where is it?????

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@grooms

Same thing happened to me this week~!

Was told by Customer Service there has been a "glitch" in their system, and INSTEAD of sending out the "new" garment that was in stock ....  it "cancelled" that replacement item, and in fact charged me $6.95 in return shipping.   I had included an 8x11 pc. of paper with my request written in large letter, as well as marking 'exchange' on the enclosed form.  

I think I have a few more gray hairs from the frustration--but that will be my last clothing order, ever.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

QVC customers should not have to elevate a return or exchange to a supervisor.   Also, the customer should be able to trust what a CS rep tells them, that they are making a notation in your account that is actually there.  I had a rep tell me she put in a correction and when I double checked a few days later, the new rep said it wasn't there.  The new rep took care of the problem.  

I have had so many problems with merchandise and returns that I am not buying near what I used to.... and I've been with QVC since at least the early 90's.

It's not that I'm not tempted, I am and then I think ahead to having to return or exchange it and lose the desire to own it.... sad, really.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@SOUTHERN BELLE wrote:

I LOVE QVC AND I HAVE BEEN WITH THEM SINCE 2005.

I PURCHASED SOME PULL ON PANTS TSV AND ALL DAY THEY MENTIONED FREE EXCHANGES , IF YOU WANT A DIFFERNET COLOR OR SIZE QVC OFFERS FREE EXCHANGES.

WELL, I SPOKE WITH TWO CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS TONIGHT, ONE ON THE PHONE AND ONE ON CHAT~THE ONE ON THE PHONE SAID ITS FREE IF QVC MADE A MISTAKE OR ERROR WHEN YOU ORDERED, IF YOU ORDERED THE WRONG SIZE OR COLOR THEN ITS YOUR ERROR AND YOU PAY FOR THE EXCHANGE , S&H, ETC, SO ISAID BUT THE QVC HOST HAVE BEEN SAYING THAT QVC HAS A NEW POLICY FREE EXCHANGES COLOR OR SIZE AND THIS CUSTOMER SERVICE REP SAID EACH SHOW HOST CAN DECIDE BEFORE THEIR SHOW WHAT THEY WANT TO DO AND WE HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THEM AND WERE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THEY SAID SOMETHING THAT IS NOT RIGHT. THEN SHE SAID READ THE FINE PRINT WHEN RETURNING. SO I SAID ALL OF THIS FREE EXCHANGES IS NOT TRUE AND AGAIN HER ANSWER, IF YOU ORDERD A PETITE AND TEHN WANTED TO EXCHANGE FOR A REGULAR LENGTH THAT IS YOUR ERROR NOT QVC AND YOU PAY!

I WOULD RATHER THEY NOT MENTION FREE ECHANGE AT ALL, FOR NOW THIS IS CONFUSING AND IT MAKES YOU THINK TWICE BEFORE ORDERING.

SHE SAID THE FINE PRINT ON THE RETURN LABEL IS THE ONLY THING YOU SHOULD PAY ATTENTION TO AND NOT WHAT THE SHOW HOST SAYS!

I AM CONFUSED!

STILL LOVE QVC BUT NO ONE SEEMS TO BE ON THE SAME PAGE WITH THIS, AFTER I SPOKE WITH A REP ON THE PHONE THEN I CHATTED AND A GIRL NAMED ANGIE SAID YES, FREE EXCHANGES SO EVEN THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS DO NOT KNOW WHATS GOING ON, ONE SAYS NO THE OTHER SAYS YES!

IN ALL MY YEARS I HAVE NEVER HAD AN ISSUE AND NOW THIS~

I AM CINFUSED AND DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO THINK~

STILL LOVE QVC BUT YOU NEED TO FIX THIS, EITHER YOU DO OR YOU DON'T.

PLUS YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS GET SO HEATED OVER THIS-WHEN MY BLOOD PRESSURE STARTED SHOOTING UP I KNEW IT WAS TIME TO GET OFF THE PHONE!

THIS IS A VERY SAD SITUATION !

This is all unacceptable.  What a frustrating experience for you!  Customers should not have to be subjected to this kind of confusion and inaccurate info.  It's a waste of valuable time, and completely inconsiderate.   Of course what the hosts say matters!  It would be false advertising otherwise.  QVC can't offer free returns on-air, and then not honor that.  It's not an arbitrary, up-to-each-host thing.  That's ridiculous.

I haven't bought anything from QVC in a long time, and this kind of seals the deal for me that I will certainly think twice before ordering anything ever again.

They really need to train their people better, and get their act together.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

@grooms wrote:

In August I ordered Halston slacks in regular but they were way too long so I returned them for free exchange to the petite length.  I see today that they credited my account so I called CS and said someone didn't read my return slip correctly as they were to be exchanged.  I asked if I was going  to be charged S&H for this exchange and I was told I would pay S&H again. I asked her why - QVC advertises all day long free exchanges and that I wasn't going to pay S&H.  I was told that since a credit had been issued to  my account for the return they couldn't give me the free exchange to send them again.  I told her what horrible service and to cancel my order entirely and I will be sending back the top that matches it.  WHAT A JOKE AND PITIFUL and now I will return the top and pay the US Post Office to return the top.  Great way of doing business

@grooms  I went through the same exact situation several weeks ago with a pair of shoes for size exchange.  When CS told me there would be shipping charge on the re-order I told her NO charge for shipping or no reorder; there was no reorder.  And I should not have to speak to a supervisor or anyone else to overcompensate for the chronic incompetence that continues to plague QVC's service. How many times do we have to hear "I'm sorry"!  Yes, indeed, you are sorry!  Here on the forum we are just hearing about those of us affected, how many others outside forum are experiencing same complaints. You would think the complaints of incompetency would lead to improvement--where is it?????

The statement I bolded above says it all.  Customers should not have to put so much time and effort into trying to convince QVC to get it right.  They very clearly are offering free exchanges.  It's not the responsibility of customers to state their case and argue with multiple people in order to get what had been promised in the first place.  This certainly doesn't seem to be a rare occurrence.  It's clearly a chronic problem that apparently QVC doesn't feel motivated to fix.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nyc1 wrote:

Agree completely...   I had to exchange 2 Linea cardis for a smaller size.  Not only did I mark the exchange box and indicate the new size,  but I wrote PLEASE EXCHANGE in big letters on the slip. They credited my account instead.  When I called CS,  she offered to credit my postage.  I also mentioned that when I purchased,  the second sweater was $4 less, so she issued a credit for that as well,  which I appreciated.

If EXCHANGE is marked and the item is still available,  but the item is credited,  then the dept that processes returns/credits needs to be trained better,  if there are repeated complaints Yes,  I understand they are dealing with tens of thousands of packages, but that is part of doing business.  They either need more people,  or,  better trained people.  Maybe both!

I don't trust anything marked exchange any longer.

Funny,  if you return something just over the 30 mark,  I've read here that those packages get  returned pretty quickly, rather than credited.  How come they can do that so flawlessly?!!!!

@nyc1   Bingo!  I think NYC hit on the deficit in QVC's operation, staff training.  The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.  How many times have we heard a host broadcast wrong information?  They should be the first line of correctness.  

The CSRs seem to be clueless but it's not their fault.   After I retired I worked part time almost 4 years at a J C Penney catalog call center.  Each station where we sat had a loose leaf notebook where the supervisors posted new procedures and miscellaneous information.  Before starting each shift we'd pull out the notebook to check for new information.  The same thing could be done online.  I just wonder how new information is disseminated to QVC staff. Communications seems to be their weak link.

You'd think they'd be embarrassed over this fiasco of an "exchange program".  Wonder if the ptb even know what's happening? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@ibb38 wrote:

Elevate the call to a supervisor- they would have credited the shipping. 

It's what I would have done.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@SOUTHERN BELLE wrote:

I LOVE QVC AND I HAVE BEEN WITH THEM SINCE 2005.

I PURCHASED SOME PULL ON PANTS TSV AND ALL DAY THEY MENTIONED FREE EXCHANGES , IF YOU WANT A DIFFERNET COLOR OR SIZE QVC OFFERS FREE EXCHANGES.

WELL, I SPOKE WITH TWO CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS TONIGHT, ONE ON THE PHONE AND ONE ON CHAT~THE ONE ON THE PHONE SAID ITS FREE IF QVC MADE A MISTAKE OR ERROR WHEN YOU ORDERED, IF YOU ORDERED THE WRONG SIZE OR COLOR THEN ITS YOUR ERROR AND YOU PAY FOR THE EXCHANGE , S&H, ETC, SO ISAID BUT THE QVC HOST HAVE BEEN SAYING THAT QVC HAS A NEW POLICY FREE EXCHANGES COLOR OR SIZE AND THIS CUSTOMER SERVICE REP SAID EACH SHOW HOST CAN DECIDE BEFORE THEIR SHOW WHAT THEY WANT TO DO AND WE HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THEM AND WERE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THEY SAID SOMETHING THAT IS NOT RIGHT. THEN SHE SAID READ THE FINE PRINT WHEN RETURNING. SO I SAID ALL OF THIS FREE EXCHANGES IS NOT TRUE AND AGAIN HER ANSWER, IF YOU ORDERD A PETITE AND TEHN WANTED TO EXCHANGE FOR A REGULAR LENGTH THAT IS YOUR ERROR NOT QVC AND YOU PAY!

I WOULD RATHER THEY NOT MENTION FREE ECHANGE AT ALL, FOR NOW THIS IS CONFUSING AND IT MAKES YOU THINK TWICE BEFORE ORDERING.

SHE SAID THE FINE PRINT ON THE RETURN LABEL IS THE ONLY THING YOU SHOULD PAY ATTENTION TO AND NOT WHAT THE SHOW HOST SAYS!

I AM CONFUSED!

STILL LOVE QVC BUT NO ONE SEEMS TO BE ON THE SAME PAGE WITH THIS, AFTER I SPOKE WITH A REP ON THE PHONE THEN I CHATTED AND A GIRL NAMED ANGIE SAID YES, FREE EXCHANGES SO EVEN THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS DO NOT KNOW WHATS GOING ON, ONE SAYS NO THE OTHER SAYS YES!

IN ALL MY YEARS I HAVE NEVER HAD AN ISSUE AND NOW THIS~

I AM CINFUSED AND DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO THINK~

STILL LOVE QVC BUT YOU NEED TO FIX THIS, EITHER YOU DO OR YOU DON'T.

PLUS YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS GET SO HEATED OVER THIS-WHEN MY BLOOD PRESSURE STARTED SHOOTING UP I KNEW IT WAS TIME TO GET OFF THE PHONE!

THIS IS A VERY SAD SITUATION !

This is all unacceptable.  What a frustrating experience for you!  Customers should not have to be subjected to this kind of confusion and inaccurate info.  It's a waste of valuable time, and completely inconsiderate.   Of course what the hosts say matters!  It would be false advertising otherwise.  QVC can't offer free returns on-air, and then not honor that.  It's not an arbitrary, up-to-each-host thing.  That's ridiculous.

I haven't bought anything from QVC in a long time, and this kind of seals the deal for me that I will certainly think twice before ordering anything ever again.

They really need to train their people better, and get their act together.

Absolutely.....and knowing QVC owns Zulilly has completely stopped me from even trying their new website.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The biggest PROBLEM here is that there are many people out there who NEED organizations like HSN/QVC because of health, age, or whatever other reason that does not allow them to be out and about for shopping.  There are many elderly who use the food products offered; I have sent food to a senior for years. QVC is doing these people a huge injustice and disservice by NOT BEING THE RELIABLE COMPANY IT USE TO BE!   I am not one of those people, I have used QVC (and I prefer it to HSN) since it was CVN due to the long hours I worked and the ability of QVC to meet my needs during those years.  Now that I am retired, I still rely on it for I just am not going to be running around like I did when I was younger.

BUT, QVC is gradually losing my business because of all the claptrap incompetent service that is now a chronic and constant state of being.  CS use to be quality and the best ever, always a pleasure to work with on any "simple" problem if ever needed. I have spend more time with CS in the last year than I have since its inception.  BUT, now how many times have I heard "I'm sorry" from CS, and I do not want to hear it any more. And now, too many CS has attitude or gets huffy, rather than being polite like they used to be.  I am throwing my business elsewhere, but I STILL NEED QVC to be the company it used to be--QUALITY, VALUE & CONVENIENCE, BUT WHERE IS THE SERVICE!!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SOUTHERN BELLE, if you need to do an exchange for a different length, chances are that is NOT covered under the free exchanges. 

When QVC airs pants that come in different lengths, during the on air presentation they offer all lengths as if they are under the same item number.  In reality, they are all a different item number. So petite has a different item number from regular which is different than the item number for talls.  So you wouldn't be able to do a free exchange for a regular length from a petite length.  Personally I find that horribly unfair.  So on that, CS is right.

But that CS rep you spoke with needs to go on-line and read the free exchange policy which is there for everyone to look at.  And how insulting to the hosts and your intelligence to be told by that CS rep that a host can do/say whatever they want.  Did that rep even realize how dumb that would be?