Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I order very little clothing from QVC anymore, but in the past when I tried to exchange something, they also credited me for the return.

Honestly, I don't understand what is so great, or a change, that they are currently promoting to their exchange program??

HSN does exchanges great!! They immediately send out a replacement and THEN you send back the item to exchange. This has always worked out perfectly. I hope this doesn't change with the HSN/QVC deal.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Zappos has a similar procedure.  They'll send you the new item and will charge you for it if they don't receive the original within 30 days.  That would have been so much easier for QVC to administer. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

QVC isn't a quick and nimble company. It's a giant laden with a lot of bureaucracy and management that to change anything means working out the bugs. Bigger isn't always better.

QVC may be known for good customer service in some areas but an exchange -- not so much. I imagine that QVC won't fix the problem unless it affects their bottom line.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Agree completely...   I had to exchange 2 Linea cardis for a smaller size.  Not only did I mark the exchange box and indicate the new size,  but I wrote PLEASE EXCHANGE in big letters on the slip. They credited my account instead.  When I called CS,  she offered to credit my postage.  I also mentioned that when I purchased,  the second sweater was $4 less, so she issued a credit for that as well,  which I appreciated.

If EXCHANGE is marked and the item is still available,  but the item is credited,  then the dept that processes returns/credits needs to be trained better,  if there are repeated complaints.  Yes,  I understand they are dealing with tens of thousands of packages, but that is part of doing business.  They either need more people,  or,  better trained people.  Maybe both!

I don't trust anything marked exchange any longer.

Funny,  if you return something just over the 30 mark,  I've read here that those packages get  returned pretty quickly, rather than credited.  How come they can do that so flawlessly?!!!!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Free exchanges is especially a problem when ordering clothes items that sell well. Most often they sell out of the item, or limited supply left, no re-orders this season, etc.So how they can promise free exchanges as their policy, when the item you want is now unavailable in your size or color selection?!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

Agree completely...   I had to exchange 2 Linea cardis for a smaller size.  Not only did I mark the exchange box and indicate the new size,  but I wrote PLEASE EXCHANGE in big letters on the slip. They credited my account instead.  When I called CS,  she offered to credit my postage.  I also mentioned that when I purchased,  the second sweater was $4 less, so she issued a credit for that as well,  which I appreciated.

If EXCHANGE is marked and the item is still available,  but the item is credited,  then the dept that processes returns/credits needs to be trained better,  if there are repeated complaints.  Yes,  I understand they are dealing with tens of thousands of packages, but that is part of doing business.  They either need more people,  or,  better trained people.  Maybe both!

I don't trust anything marked exchange any longer.

Funny,  if you return something just over the 30 mark,  I've read here that those packages get  returned pretty quickly, rather than credited.  How come they can do that so flawlessly?!!!!

---------------------------------

Every time I read  that a message was written on the return slip I remember what a CS told me several years ago.  

I had called about something and told him that I had written the message on the slip. He told me "No one ever reads those return things!". I even repeated what he said back to him. Just never ceases to amaze me....

He told me it is always better to call and have the CS put a note in your account!!!  

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

This just happened to me as well.  Needed a new size, received a refund minus the shipping.  I'm waiting to hear back from customer service.  Why promote something you obviously don't do?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I LOVE QVC AND I HAVE BEEN WITH THEM SINCE 2005.

I PURCHASED SOME PULL ON PANTS TSV AND ALL DAY THEY MENTIONED FREE EXCHANGES , IF YOU WANT A DIFFERNET COLOR OR SIZE QVC OFFERS FREE EXCHANGES.

WELL, I SPOKE WITH TWO CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS TONIGHT, ONE ON THE PHONE AND ONE ON CHAT~THE ONE ON THE PHONE SAID ITS FREE IF QVC MADE A MISTAKE OR ERROR WHEN YOU ORDERED, IF YOU ORDERED THE WRONG SIZE OR COLOR THEN ITS YOUR ERROR AND YOU PAY FOR THE EXCHANGE , S&H, ETC, SO ISAID BUT THE QVC HOST HAVE BEEN SAYING THAT QVC HAS A NEW POLICY FREE EXCHANGES COLOR OR SIZE AND THIS CUSTOMER SERVICE REP SAID EACH SHOW HOST CAN DECIDE BEFORE THEIR SHOW WHAT THEY WANT TO DO AND WE HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THEM AND WERE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THEY SAID SOMETHING THAT IS NOT RIGHT. THEN SHE SAID READ THE FINE PRINT WHEN RETURNING. SO I SAID ALL OF THIS FREE EXCHANGES IS NOT TRUE AND AGAIN HER ANSWER, IF YOU ORDERD A PETITE AND TEHN WANTED TO EXCHANGE FOR A REGULAR LENGTH THAT IS YOUR ERROR NOT QVC AND YOU PAY!

I WOULD RATHER THEY NOT MENTION FREE ECHANGE AT ALL, FOR NOW THIS IS CONFUSING AND IT MAKES YOU THINK TWICE BEFORE ORDERING.

SHE SAID THE FINE PRINT ON THE RETURN LABEL IS THE ONLY THING YOU SHOULD PAY ATTENTION TO AND NOT WHAT THE SHOW HOST SAYS!

I AM CONFUSED!

STILL LOVE QVC BUT NO ONE SEEMS TO BE ON THE SAME PAGE WITH THIS, AFTER I SPOKE WITH A REP ON THE PHONE THEN I CHATTED AND A GIRL NAMED ANGIE SAID YES, FREE EXCHANGES SO EVEN THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS DO NOT KNOW WHATS GOING ON, ONE SAYS NO THE OTHER SAYS YES!

IN ALL MY YEARS I HAVE NEVER HAD AN ISSUE AND NOW THIS~

I AM CINFUSED AND DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO THINK~

STILL LOVE QVC BUT YOU NEED TO FIX THIS, EITHER YOU DO OR YOU DON'T.

PLUS YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS GET SO HEATED OVER THIS-WHEN MY BLOOD PRESSURE STARTED SHOOTING UP I KNEW IT WAS TIME TO GET OFF THE PHONE!

THIS IS A VERY SAD SITUATION !

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'm waiting for an exchange right now, I called C&S to make sure the item was indeed under the cover of the free exchange policy. The CS rep said she would make a note on my account about the free exchange and she took my order for the exchange item. We will see.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I know from past experience that any time I marked exchange it was never exchanged.  I thought since the hosts were announcing the free exchanges that QVC notified the appropriate departments to honor free exchanges -- I guess not.  QVC has no business announcing it and not following through.  Don't say one thing and do another.  Cat Mad

kindness is strength