Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@grooms The exact situation happened to me  with a return of an Isaac boot since they were running large. I finally told the woman at CS that they should stop advertising the free exchanges because it was not true.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I had one success with the free exhange. I got the smaller item a week later. But I sent back the Isaac TSV matching pants for a smaller size and asked to be put on waitlist on my return slip. The Q did not and gave me a refund minus the orignal $3 shipping charge! 

I had to go back and reorder the pants on waitlist and I will have to pay the $3 shipping charge again.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@grooms

was the petite length item the same item number as the item you originally ordered? if the item numbers are different you cannot do an exchange for  free.

“When asked if my cup is half-full or half-empty my only response is that I am thankful I have a cup.” – Sam Lefkowitz
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I was hoping that they would model their exchanges like HSN, where you can re-order right away, the new item is shipped, then you return the original item.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: FREE EXCHANGE - a joke!

[ Edited ]

@StephaniM wrote:

I was hoping that they would model their exchanges like HSN, where you can re-order right away, the new item is shipped, then you return the original item.  

As much as hsn is annoying me lately, this is a great servcie of theirs- with the way  very limited inventory pops back in stock. You get what you need right away, without concern of it  being sold out later.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@StephaniM Yes!   I love the exchange process at HSN!  QVC should take notice.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I don't want to be repetitive, but I also have returned items for exchange (3),  even went so far as writing and attaching a larger note to the strip and each time my account was credited.  HSN does give a $5 credit to be used on your next purchase.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

With all the fiasco's about returning, exchanging I'm never going to be ordering any clothing or shoes! 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Perhaps the supervisor overseeing returns and exchanges needs to remind the employees of the procedure again and again.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Terrywu wrote:

I don't want to be repetitive, but I also have returned items for exchange (3),  even went so far as writing and attaching a larger note to the strip and each time my account was credited.  HSN does give a $5 credit to be used on your next purchase.

@Terrywu HSN's $5 credit for returns  is if you use the HSN card- and it's limited to 6 tiimes per year.