Highlighted
Super Contributor

In August I ordered Halston slacks in regular but they were way too long so I returned them for free exchange to the petite length.  I see today that they credited my account so I called CS and said someone didn't read my return slip correctly as they were to be exchanged.  I asked if I was going  to be charged S&H for this exchange and I was told I would pay S&H again. I asked her why - QVC advertises all day long free exchanges and that I wasn't going to pay S&H.  I was told that since a credit had been issued to  my account for the return they couldn't give me the free exchange to send them again.  I told her what horrible service and to cancel my order entirely and I will be sending back the top that matches it.  WHAT A JOKE AND PITIFUL and now I will return the top and pay the US Post Office to return the top.  Great way of doing business

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Elevate the call to a supervisor- they would have credited the shipping. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@grooms wrote:

In August I ordered Halston slacks in regular but they were way too long so I returned them for free exchange to the petite length.  I see today that they credited my account so I called CS and said someone didn't read my return slip correctly as they were to be exchanged.  I asked if I was going  to be charged S&H for this exchange and I was told I would pay S&H again. I asked her why - QVC advertises all day long free exchanges and that I wasn't going to pay S&H.  I was told that since a credit had been issued to  my account for the return they couldn't give me the free exchange to send them again.  I told her what horrible service and to cancel my order entirely and I will be sending back the top that matches it.  WHAT A JOKE AND PITIFUL and now I will return the top and pay the US Post Office to return the top.  Great way of doing business

😮😕👎👎👎  @grooms  That is really lousy.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

You are right, I should have gone to the supervisor but I was floored and furious because #1 they didn't read my return slip correctly and I have been waiting for the return of the pants so now,  no pants and I can return that H alston top that matches.  Like you said, I should have gone to the supervisor......lesson to be learned girls, pay attention and if this happens to you - ask to speak to the supervisor.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Has anyone actually asked for and received an exchange without a huge hassle?  All the reports I've read say their account was credited and they were charged return shipping and never got new merchandise as requested but maybe people just aren't reporting successes, only failures. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@grooms wrote:

You are right, I should have gone to the supervisor but I was floored and furious because #1 they didn't read my return slip correctly and I have been waiting for the return of the pants so now,  no pants and I can return that H alston top that matches.  Like you said, I should have gone to the supervisor......lesson to be learned girls, pay attention and if this happens to you - ask to speak to the supervisor.

@grooms I had a problem with the free exchanges myself - the size I needed was out of stock so they jsut returned the item. But they didn't credit me the original shipping fee! In hindsight I should have elevated that to  supervisor. 

Highlighted
Super Contributor

@ibb38

If you read everyone is complaining they are not getting their free exchanges as QVC advertises.......this is a sad way to do business and what makes me the maddest, is I couldn't wait to get the other length pants......I  really wanted these pants and even bought shoes to match!  Last time to try this for me.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I heard Mary Beth mention the free exchanges last week.  Then she said, "I think we always did that, but we are just reminding everyone about it." ( or something to that effect). I really like QVC, and order my share of items, but the situation with returns/exchanges is just AWFUL!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I posted this weekend on the absolutely broken Exchange Program. I sent three items to be exchanged. All 3 were just returned, the exchange was cancelled and I was charged return shipping. 

In all 3 instances, I called CS prior to sending the items back and I was assured everything would be done correctly. Well.......they were not. I did finally hear from Beth at Customer Care. She was very gracious and helpful. I made a suggestion that until this awful nightmare is fixed, they might want the hosts to not speak about it like it's the greatest thing ever. Trust me, it's not.

Always follow up on every exchange. I was even told by one CS rep that I would be charged return shipping if the item I needed was not available. That is absolutely incorrect. Until they get these problems worked out, I won't be ordering anything that might even remotely need to exchanged. The hassle is so not worth it.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

This is what happens when someone who is not knowledgable, at a large corporation, implements a new policy without thinking it through and understanding its implications.  Sounds real simple in theory, right?  Not really.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment