Contributor

Re: FORCED EASY PAYS IN ORDER TO MAKE PURCHASE

Thanks for reply. One day, I'll try again to call Customer Service. I tried once a week or so ago and they were not taking calls. 

I don't know how it could be legal to force people to buy with a credit card. 

Esteemed Contributor

You have to go to each item and open the drop down menu next to it, and it will give you the option of either Easy - Pay or Single Payment.

And yes, that box will come up to let you know that by switching from the Q card, to Visa, you will be losing out on the Easy - Pay, are you sure that you want to switch cards?

I had the same exact message come up, and I was able to put my entire purchase of multiple items, on to my Visa card, with all items switched over to Single Payment.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

Think about it.

QVC has a roomful of lawyers, who goes over everything with a fine tooth comb, so they would not do anything against the law, and QVC would not want the negative publicity of doing something illegal.

Also, other people have successfully made the switch from Easy - Pay to Single Payment, from the Q card to Visa with NO problems, so obviously they aren't doing anything illegal.

Super Contributor

I played around with it and I did get it to replicate what you say you are running into.   But it was only when I did not change the credit card first, accept, then change number of payments.

if after changing but before actually ordering , I went back and changed my credit card to Qcard it did go back to easy pay.   But I was still able to change the number of payments back to one with no problem.

Are you perhaps ordering things on a different device when you are having the problem?  Perhaps it's a bug on a particular app version?  I don't order from the app.   I just go to QVC.com.    Sometimes the apps are awkward and don't allow all the options you will see on Qvc.com. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Q is not forcing you to use easy pay.  Just click on the options and you can pay in full.  It's very easy.

Respected Contributor

I always use easy pay and my Q card and each Friday I pay the current amount due. Keeps me on track and works for me.   Just paid this morning.

I noticed when I order there is a place to change how you want to pay before you submit the order.

Easy pay can be too easy for some, including me, but I look at price and shipping and all that.  Mostly purchase TSV or free shipping items.  Tried different foods this summer and my husband's thing and I am more lunch time or  prime time specials.

The hosts are told to push the Q card and easy pay and up to us not to get caught up in it.  But I am sure we have the choice to choose how to pay.

Honored Contributor

Never have a problem changing from easy pay to single payment. Do it all the time, and I buy a lot from QVC. Yes, their default is to easy payment, which I guess is better for many people than having the default to the full price and they can't afford it. But I just click on the drop down menu and always change it to single payment. If you have more than one item, it will give you the choice for each of them.

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

Q is not forcing you to use easy pay.  Just click on the options and you can pay in full.  It's very easy.

I agree.

Sounds like used error and nothing dastardly on QVC's part.

Trusted Contributor

Out of curiosity, I just tried twice, to make a purchase, and had no trouble, switching to One Payment, it took a couple of seconds.  

I have no idea, I'm a afraid, what is causing the glitch you're having, but suggesting that QVC, is illegally forcing people, to use EP, makes no sense, whatsoever.

Why would QVC force people to use a system, that means more work, on their end? Offering EP, may well lead to more sales, but attempting to force people, to use a system, they have no intention of using, would, not only be likely to lead to lost sales, but also, angry customers, who don't come back!

Have you tried contacting the Social Team, they are very 

helpful!