Super Contributor

Re: FORCED EASY PAYS IN ORDER TO MAKE PURCHASE

If you have multiple items in your cart, it may be that you have to edit each item to say one payment    I am pretty sure you would not be able to purchase on one payment unless you have marked each one as one payment.   

Esteemed Contributor

@AreYouSure - I'm glad you shared that detail. It looks like what you're doing each time is editing your payment method rather than your billing options. Instead of clicking that "Edit" button, what you want to do is keep scrolling down until you see a dropdown menu titled "Billing Options." It is likely that an Easy Pay option will be displayed, but when you click that menu, you'll see all the options available for your purchase and can select what you prefer with just one click. Good luck!

Esteemed Contributor

@AreYouSure wrote:

On many purchases now, that does not work for me. I buy nonstop on QVC. I use either my Visa or Discover Card. Right now, I have 3 items in the cart and it will not allow me to purchase unless I accept the Easy Pay. When I edit the 3 Easy Pays to Total, a window comes up (photo enclosed) I have been forced to make numerous purchases on Easy Pay and then go in immediately after and change but then it creates a nightmare in my bank to see what has been charged for the purchase. 0817AD59-EAB8-47A8-988D-F2A42B60388C_1_201_a.jpeg

It's just letting you know that if you switch to Single Payment, that your will be losing the Easy-Pays.

Just click "Continue", and you'll be able to put your purchase on your Visa card.

It's there way of saying "Are you sure that you want to do this?" , that's all.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Occasional Contributor

This has happened to me several times, too! OP is not uninformed or crazy. We both know how to make the change. The problem is you get a pop up that says you have to use a credit card for the single payment, which of course we are doing. Or sometimes, it looks like it is letting you make the change, but after you hit submit, the choice in the box goes right back to easy pay.

It doesn't happen every time, so it may be a glitch, but it is definitely happening!

Contributor

I put the item(s) in my cart. I select "checkout", then it is naturally always defaulted to my QCard. I immediately change the card to either my Visa or my Discover Card. On quite a few purchases lated, this notice comes up. (photo below). I continue and it goes back to the 3 Easy Pays. On quite a few purchases lately (not all, but more than 5), it will not let me complete the purchase with the change in dropdown. I buy nonstop on QVC and other sites so I'm very aware of how all of it works, what can be done and not done. 

I did a chat (waited in the queue -70 something tonight and got down to 0, then it went to 1, I finally saw "Brittany" typing, but she never sent anything to me. I waited. I had already typed all this problem above. Then, she closed the chat!!! I saved the transcript, but it says "are you there". I was always here, waiting, watching. 

So, here is the notice that comes up when I make the change. 

What I have done numerous times is place the order with the Easy Pays in order to make my purchase, then go in immediately and edit it to one payment. I then get two emails. One with the FORCED EASY PAYS, followed by a nonsensical email that says something about CHANGE, but there is no clarity there. 

Right now, I watching the last purchase like that and the total price and the first Easy Pay is still sitting there. 

Once I tried to call Customer Service and nobody was answering. 

0817AD59-EAB8-47A8-988D-F2A42B60388C_1_201_a.jpeg

Contributor

I know QVC.com and many other sites like the back of my hand. Exploring is hardly my issue. Please read my complete explanations to several other people with photo of exactly what happens to me.

I know very very well what I am doing, how to do it, and what is happening. It wants me to leave that defaulted QCard there. 

Contributor

Please read my detailed account to some other posters. I know exactly what I am doing. Very savvy shopper and internet user. 

Esteemed Contributor

That screen is just letting you know that by switching to another card, that isn't the Q card, that you'll be losing out on the Easy-Pays, that's all.

I had the same screen come up on MY purchase yesterday, when I switched from the Q card, to my Visa card, and I was able to put my grand total of multiple items, in to my Visa card.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Super Contributor

Try going back to your main page, then go back into your cart and select the credit card you wish to use first, let it accept it and then change number of easy pays.  

Occasional Contributor

@AreYouSure You're not crazy, this has happened to me several times! Had to edit after the order, just like you did 🤷‍♀️ I know exactly what to change during the ordering process, but it is NOT taking.