Contributor

FORCED EASY PAYS IN ORDER TO MAKE PURCHASE

[ Edited ]

In the last few weeks, QVC has started a new practice of forcing some purchases on Easy Pay. The default is always Easy Pays but from experience I always change it to Pay Total.

Recently, on some purchases, in order to complete the transaction, I had to proceed with the Easy Pays, then immediately after Place Order, I would go in and edit it to one payment. That creates a headache with receiving the first email with the FORCED EASY PAY, then a follow up CHANGE email which is totally unclear as to what has taken place. The only thing that makes sense in the email is the word CHANGE. 

Right now, I have a list of purchases made and am watching my bank account to make sure the Easy Pay disappears. 

Right now, there is a first Easy Pay PLUS the same order TOTAL pending on my card with a purchase made several days ago.  I have made a list I need to go through and make sure I have not paid more than I should have on any purchase. 

Have any of you encountered the same problem?

If I cannot make my purchases on QVC in one payment, I'll stop buying. Is it legal to force a person to make purchases in installments against their wishes? Since when did the law change to force purchases to be made carrying debt against the wishes of the buyer? 

Right now, I have 3 things in the cart I want to buy,  just under $200, not on sale-new items (which shouldn't have anything to do with it) and I am not proceeding until this gets straightened out. 

Thanks a lot for any input on this subject from fellow Q fiends. 

Heart

Honored Contributor

Re: FORCED EASY PAYS IN ORDER TO MAKE PURCHASE

See the thread down this page called No Easy Pays Please!!! Started by poster indoor kitty. It is about this same issue.
Honored Contributor

I always take the purchase off of Easy Pay and have never had a problem. I just did it tonight.

I would call CS.

Esteemed Contributor

Just yesterday I bought several items from QVC.

I got to the page where you submit the order, and yes, each item had defaulted to the Easy-Pay option, but I knew that it was going to do that, so I wasn't surprised.

Next to each item was a drop-down box, where I could change it to "Single Payment" , which is what I did.

So, it is possible to go from Easy-Pay to Single Payment before hitting "Submit".

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

I usually order from my Kindle. I ran into this last week. I found after scrolling down past the payment choices (credit card, QVC card, etc.) there was a small block that said something like easy pay and then edit beside it. By clicking on that I was able to change to one payment instead of easy pay. Hth.

It's irritating and time consuming and I plan to limit my future purchases.

Contributor

Thanks for your reply. On some items, it allows me to change it to pay total amount but other times, it will not allow me to make the purchase unless I accept the Easy Pay. I either use my personal bank card -Visa or Discover Card. I once racked up a lot of purchases on Easy Pay when I first got the QCard, not understanding anything and was appalled when I realized how much I owed all together. I paid it all off and will never use the QCard again. Thanks again. Heart

Right now, I have 3 new items in my cart and it will not let me make the purchase in one payment with my Visa. 

The last time I tried to get Customer Service on the phone since the virus, I couldn't talk to anybody. 

Just now, i waited over 70 in the Chat queue, only to get to 0, then it changed to 1, then, I saw "BRITTANY" typing, but nothing was ever sent to me. Then, she closed out the chat. Maybe the subject I had addressed or the hour - right at 10 pm EST she was done, or the chat was done, but...

I have spent thousands of dollars, a lot of thousands on QVC. If I can't buy on the card I want in one payment, I'm finished with them. 

Esteemed Contributor

But you can use your Visa when you are in the check-in process, to switch from Easy-Pay to Single Payment.

I used my Visa card yesterday when I made my purchases, and I switched from Easy-Pay to Single Payment.

It was not a problem.

My Visa card was accepted for the Single Payment switch.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

@AreYouSure - When you say "it will not let me make the purchase in one payment," what exactly do you mean? Please provide details of what you try to do and what you see so we can attempt to assist you.

Contributor

On many purchases now, that does not work for me. I buy nonstop on QVC. I use either my Visa or Discover Card. Right now, I have 3 items in the cart and it will not allow me to purchase unless I accept the Easy Pay. When I edit the 3 Easy Pays to Total, a window comes up (photo enclosed) I have been forced to make numerous purchases on Easy Pay and then go in immediately after and change but then it creates a nightmare in my bank to see what has been charged for the purchase. 0817AD59-EAB8-47A8-988D-F2A42B60388C_1_201_a.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@AreYouSure    There is a drop down box toward the bottom of the page for selecting "no easy pay".  When there are changes to a format, it pays to explore a bit.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment