Trusted Contributor

Re: FOR THOSE WHO HAD TO CHANGE YOUR NICKNAME

I haven't had to change my nickname since the last forums install. I added the "again" to my original nic.

I just want to register my feelings about the current sign-in chaos, so soon after the last mess.

QVC needs to upgrade its IT Department -- big time!

Respected Contributor

Someone here mentioned security concerns if one stayed signed in.  

well, i made a point to sign out last night and this morning when i opened my browser i was signed in again !!

Hopefully IT can fix this kerfuffle  as they are back on Monday, according to CS.

This sort if reminds of the Xmas /or/ New Years weekend  a few years ago when to boards went off the rails and into the drink

Valued Contributor

Thank you so much for this post and all  advice here.   I could not figure out how to sign in.  Was driving me crazy!  I just added a 2 to my original name and I'm sure it won't be the last edit. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CatsyCline wrote:

Someone here mentioned security concerns if one stayed signed in.  

well, i made a point to sign out last night and this morning when i opened my browser i was signed in again !!

Hopefully IT can fix this kerfuffle  as they are back on Monday, according to CS.

This sort if reminds of the Xmas /or/ New Years weekend  a few years ago when to boards went off the rails and into the drink

Back on Monday? You'd think they'd have someone on call at the very least. Not even to mention this mess has been gearing up since early last week. Where were they then... or on Friday... or on Saturday... What an outfit... Sheesh...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

So wait, are people being forced to change their nickname? I feel like mine reverted back to a previous one, but I'm not 100% sure. (My brain cells are fried from a rough year and lack of sleep, but I'm pretty sure I used to be 'Suziqzee' and now I'm 'Suzibell.')

I had a bit of trouble logging in here, it bumped me back to the main page first, then I had to return here and log in again.

What a bizarre thing, this website!

Honored Contributor

@NickNack   Adding a number at the end of our 'nickname' - I like it.

This way we'll know how many times we've NEEDED to change the spelling in some way, shape and form.

Honored Contributor

Your instructions are the best @dooBdoo . They made me write all the instructions for new people where I worked but you are far superior to anyone I know.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Your instructions are the best @dooBdoo . They made me write all the instructions for new people where I worked but you are far superior to anyone I know.

Thank you for that lovely compliment, @AuntG.  It means a lot to me.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been in mortal combat today trying to fix a whole bunch of log-in issues with multiple accounts in a few places, not just QVC.

Now QVC has hijacked my nickname, wiped out all my posts, lists me as a "regular visitor", and that was only after I logged in numerous times regularly trying to fix problems.

I've been told my email address is not valid, or my password is not valid, etc. etc.  At one point, QVC indicated I needed to change my email address!!  SAY WHAT????

I managed to reclaim my former novamc nickname and actually post here just now, but nothing else. 

I had five notifications waiting for me when I tried to sign in this morning, but couldn't get to them and now they are totally gone.

This is nuts and a heck of way to spend the day.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@novamc,  I would like to try to help.

I did a search in the user file for your name "novamc" and there are 2 results.

This link is the search:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/user?advanced=false&auto_complete=false&q=novamc

Here's a screenshot:

C7A9782E-055F-4133-91E2-D12C656B0DE4.jpeg

The one you're currently using has a registration date of 11-16-2010 and at the moment has only 1 post (the one I'm responding to).

You can see it at this link:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/81546

The other one you want to get back to has a registration date of 07-02-2015 with 4,425 Posts.

You can see it at this link:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/230563

So, there is some good news since your posts haven't been deleted -- you just need a way to access that account.

Why don't you try sending an email to the moderators at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com,

direct them to this thread,

and ask them to help you regain access to the 2nd account.

That's the only thing I can think of that might work.

I'm so sorry for your frustration -- for everyone's frustration.

At this point, there are so many problems and they've been going on for days and days, and I just don't understand why this isn't being addressed and resolved.

Good wishes to you, hoping this will be sorted out soon.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova