Honored Contributor

FOR THOSE WHO HAD TO CHANGE YOUR NICKNAME

If you've had to change your nickname please put your original name in your signature.  You can add a signature under settings or just type it each time in your posts.

I'm seeing all of these new nicknames and have no idea who people are.  It's quite confusing.  Thank you very much if you do this.

Another idea is to go into settings and change your nickname yourself.  You could make it your original nickname as some have done and just add something like a number after it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Re: FOR THOSE WHO HAD TO CHANGE YOUR NICKNAME

I've had to change mine twice in two days. I was meowingkitty, then I went to MeowingKitty, now I'm Meowingkitty. What difference a capital letter makes is beyond me.

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

I've had to change mine twice in two days. I was meowingkitty, then I went to MeowingKitty, now I'm Meowingkitty. What difference a capital letter makes is beyond me.

@Meowingkitty   Yours is obvious.  I'm suggesting this for those who have had to change it to something completely different.  I have no idea who they are.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think that's a great idea, @NickNack!

In case some posters aren't sure how to, here's a "how to!"😊

To add a siggy, on the left side of the Community under "Quick links" choose "My Settings" or "Edit my preferences." 

Look under "Personal" and under that "Personal Information." (This screenshot is old so it displays my older siggy.)

Signature

If you want to help the siggy stand out, there are many formatting options.

To italicize, precede the signature with <em> and end it with </em>.

If you want the signature in bold, precede it with <b>  and add </b> at the end.

If you want to be creative with the siggy and add color, this is a copy of the instructions I've been posting since we moved to the new platform:

Precede the signature with

<font color="nameofcolor">

but don't use "nameofcolor" literally...   fill in the color's actual name between those quotation marks.  

You can end with </font> but actually the system will fill that in for you.

Link to all the color names:
http://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_names.asp

As an example,  here's how I typed my current siggy with HTML code (I chose to make it a dark black, bold, and italicized).:

<font color="black"><em><b>⭐️Few things reveal your intellect; your generosity of spirit, the parallel powers of your heart, mind, better than how you give feedback. MPopova⭐️</b></em></font>  

Happy Fourth of July, everyone!❤️🇺🇸❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Thank you so much for your instructions @dooBdoo !  I wasn't sure how to explain it.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo  As always, thanks for your advice and suggestions. Unfortunate that the only help we seem to be getting dealing with this debacle of a web experience is coming from each other and nothing of note from QVC. As I posted elsewhere, I logged on first time this morning, but not thanks to anything they'd done. Rather, I used your URL and it worked again. Here's hoping it continues to do so.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

How did you know you had to change your nickname.  Did  you get an email or was it prompted at sign in.  

Respected Contributor

I knew to change my nic again when nothing else worked to get logged in. At least just changing the number is working.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nothing was working for me the last few days.

I was feeling frustrated.

This morning I added numbers to my nic and now am able to post again. 

Toots711 (formerly Toots7)

Respected Contributor

I fear on July 4, 2022 I'll be PickyPicky367.