Honored Contributor

Re: FLYING OUT OF HERE/NO RE-ORDER

I hate to say this but if OP is cancelling her orders 9 times out of 10 when the host says things are selling out, the problem isn't with the hard sell; it's with the buyer!

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. And fool me nine times??? Wow! Someone is watching too much shopping TV.

Super Contributor

Just place it in your "cart"! Then make an educated decision by reading the reviews. If you have a smartphone, will only take a few seconds. Then within the hour, you can decide.

Esteemed Contributor

You couldn't be thinking it will be gone, and you will never see anything like it ever again? Come on - they'll change the buttons or something insignificant, and it will be back forever!

Honored Contributor

On 8/18/2014 sullw said:

I actually have a question about this. When they say "no reorder" does that mean if I like something and want to buy another in a different color or even the same color to have as a back up they won't sell it to me?

They are "claiming" they won't have it again. Now with Vitamix they keep bringing it back as a TSV several times a year, perhaps different models though. With fashions, many times they won't be reordering now if it is more of a summer item. It is a sales tactic though. Years ago many things would go on waitlist. Now they don't seem to take waitlists very often.

Super Contributor

Op , I agree . I do the same thing . I cant get out to the stores much at all & shop here or other online stores. Also , seems most of the time , the host doesn't mention if wait list is available . I'd like to know that , which might give me time to read reviews ; they influence my decision to purchase or not . Maybe the host doesn't have that info at that moment , don't know . Pressure selling often just turns me away from a purchase .
Honored Contributor

On 8/18/2014 blueskies said: Op , I agree . I do the same thing . I cant get out to the stores much at all & shop here or other online stores. Also , seems most of the time , the host doesn't mention if wait list is available . I'd like to know that , which might give me time to read reviews ; they influence my decision to purchase or not . Maybe the host doesn't have that info at that moment , don't know . Pressure selling often just turns me away from a purchase .

Not many waitlists any more.

Valued Contributor

I do not watch David...all he seems to know about the products are the color choices.Please David....talk about the benefits of the product and we will decide on the color!So much expensive air time is wasted with him going over color choices ,again,again,and again!!!

Super Contributor

On 8/19/2014 Daysdee said:
On 8/18/2014 blueskies said: Op , I agree . I do the same thing . I cant get out to the stores much at all & shop here or other online stores. Also , seems most of the time , the host doesn't mention if wait list is available . I'd like to know that , which might give me time to read reviews ; they influence my decision to purchase or not . Maybe the host doesn't have that info at that moment , don't know . Pressure selling often just turns me away from a purchase .

Not many waitlists any more.

True . You could almost depend on them being there , back in the day .
Super Contributor

CIRCLES IS RIGHT ! WE NEED TO BE CHECKING REVIEWS BEFORE PURCHASING ANYTHING.

THEY USE THAT TERM TO GET PEOPLE TO CALL IN FASTER BUT IM NOT FALLING FOR IT.

I WILL CHECK THE REVIEWS FIRST.

Honored Contributor

On 8/18/2014 taja123 said:

You couldn't be thinking it will be gone, and you will never see anything like it ever again? Come on - they'll change the buttons or something insignificant, and it will be back forever!

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

True enough, and they'll list it as a 'new' product, to wow us with how current and cutting edge they are...

NOT!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...