Esteemed Contributor

Re: FINALLY REACHED CS AT 2 AM!!!

@Shanus  I always assumed the short staffing in CS was because of social distancing.  They can't have operators right next to each other so they probably had to cut the staff in half, at least.  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

After three days of holding (to really bad music), many times a day for at least 30-40 minutes each time, no luck reaching CS. Last night I stayed up until 2AM and after 25 minutes of elevator music, finally got through. 

I had two returns, both defective: the LUG bag (if anyone followed on that forum that Amy said was nylon, but online was polyester) & my beloved Clark's leopard sandals that arrived with the right shoe larger than the left. Both orders certainly not paying shipping in either direction...each $5.50 to ship and $6.95 to return after waiting 3 weeks to receive them. 

Finally got that all squared away and decided to ask what was going on in the customer service dept. that no one can get through and related my experience and having to stay up until the middle the night hoping most others would be asleep. She said the Covid situation has left them short staffed. I replied that more that 1/2, maybe 3/4 of the US is unemployed. Maybe they could reach out and hire folks trying to feed their families? Dead silence on the phone. Then a hang up. Guess the truth hurts. 

Customer service is not there to listen to someone ranting about unemployment and QVC's hiring decisions.  

After she took care of your shipping issues, a thank you and have a good night was all that was necessary.  

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Shanus 

You've been around here long enough to know that the easiest/fastest way to resolve CS/order issues is to email the social team at QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com.

They respond very quickly.

It's your business but I'm just curious why you would spend so much time and angst to get through by phone?

I contacted the social team with my situation about not receiving items in almost a month and i got the same response....shorthanded and apologies......no resolution.........so i can understand trying to get through to CS.................no need to criticize

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

After three days of holding (to really bad music), many times a day for at least 30-40 minutes each time, no luck reaching CS. Last night I stayed up until 2AM and after 25 minutes of elevator music, finally got through. 

I had two returns, both defective: the LUG bag (if anyone followed on that forum that Amy said was nylon, but online was polyester) & my beloved Clark's leopard sandals that arrived with the right shoe larger than the left. Both orders certainly not paying shipping in either direction...each $5.50 to ship and $6.95 to return after waiting 3 weeks to receive them. 

Finally got that all squared away and decided to ask what was going on in the customer service dept. that no one can get through and related my experience and having to stay up until the middle the night hoping most others would be asleep. She said the Covid situation has left them short staffed. I replied that more that 1/2, maybe 3/4 of the US is unemployed. Maybe they could reach out and hire folks trying to feed their families? Dead silence on the phone. Then a hang up. Guess the truth hurts. 

What i am not understanding is that all the other online stores i have been still ordering from DID have issues last month and the months before because of the virus

but my last few orders with Amazon, Macys, Kohls etc have all come within a week these days......so not sure why the Q isn't bouncing back as others have....

Honored Contributor

I have zero sympathy for complaints about being on hold to talk to CS, esp for regular posters here.
The email for the excellent Social Team is given often. I have always gotten prompt, helpful, and very courteous replies when emailing to the Social Team to get Customer Service help. In fact I just did that last night.

So those of you who enjoy complaining about being on hold, have at it. Me? I'll spend my time doing something else, with my problem solved by the Social Team here promptly and to my satisfaction. This Team offers the best customer service I've ever had anywhere.
Valued Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Shanus 

You've been around here long enough to know that the easiest/fastest way to resolve CS/order issues is to email the social team at QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com.

It's your business but I'm just curious why you would spend so much time and angst to get through by phone?

@KingstonsMom @Shanus 

Hello yes it's true about this.First of all THANK YOU QVC Social Team!
For last 3 month I emailed them 4 time. Last time 4 days ago. The longest time I waited for answer it was  that last time and it was @ 2 hours. 3 тimes before it was between 3-5 min. So this is great and again thank you!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@KingstonsMom   Social Team said I needed to speak to CS re: shipping refund options.

Social Team handles shipping refunds all the time.  I don't believe they directed you to call CS.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
I have zero sympathy for complaints about being on hold to talk to CS, esp for regular posters here.
The email for the excellent Social Team is given often. I have always gotten prompt, helpful, and very courteous replies when emailing to the Social Team to get Customer Service help. In fact I just did that last night.

So those of you who enjoy complaining about being on hold, have at it. Me? I'll spend my time doing something else, with my problem solved by the Social Team here promptly and to my satisfaction. This Team offers the best customer service I've ever had anywhere.

I'm not sure why certain people have to be so snarky on here.

I called cs last month and they weren't answering so I sent an email. I didn't get a response from my email for a month so I called back and got a rep who took care of my credit. ☼

Valued Contributor

@Mlsg wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Shanus 

@KingstonsMom @Shanus 

Hello yes it's true about this.First of all THANK YOU QVC Social Team!
For last 3 month I emailed them 4 time. Last time 4 days ago. The longest time I waited for answer it was  that last time and it was @ 2 hours. 3 тimes before it was between 3-5 min. So this is great and again thank you!

Just want to add Last time it was about refind

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

For future concerns with purchases, perhaps this will help, it did for me.

When I've had issues that an item delivered was misrepresented and not what they said it was in either the on-air presentation or written description online, I write, "sent wrong item -- refund and do not charge return fee."  It works.

If one of a pair of shoes is a larger size, I would write, "defective -- refund and do not charge return fee." I have not had that happen, but I would try that. 

In both cases, it's probably better than waiting hours on the phone.

The CS department right now went to a skeleton crew for social distancing it has been mentioned many times before.  The ones they have been working from home are handling a myriad of issues.  It is so unfortunate when I hear people take it out on the CS reps, who are just trying to do their job under very stressful circumstances. I give kudos to that rep for keeping silent, and not getting into an unreasonable and unfortunate debate with a customer that has no insight into QVC hiring or current internal staffing issues.  

It is not that QVC cannot find people to fill jobs.

I am still working 100% telework.  I worked in a huge building where everyone worked in cubicles.  Our elevators aren't even 5ft. wide, so standing 6ft apart in them is impossible.  There are 26 floors, thousands of employees, and over a hundred various maintenance private contractors that were normally in the building.  Our proprietary mailroom was run by a separate company handling all our incoming & outgoing mail, sorting and delivery.  Their corporate office of course told their employees to stay home, so we have thousands of 3-months worth of backed up mail. 

I say all of this to say, not to come down on you at all.  Forgive me if that's how it sounds.  But it's not about finding workers to fill jobs, for goodness sake.  It's extremely difficult to keep people safe, and coordinate important business in this time right now.  A pair of returned shoes sort of pales in comparison to what's going on in most businesses right now.