Regular Contributor

Re: FASHION, SUDS, THE BRONZE GLOW, AND QVC BROUGHT BACK WHAT????????????

Yes Spurt I did see that photo of the "tossed in the box" packing on one of the other threads. Maybe it was a test of the "robotic packers" I read about recently. But then again they are not supposed to be in use for a few years maybe? They used to say not to buy cars produced on Mondays or Fridays, Monday crew was hungover and Friday crew was thinking about "happy hours". I wonder if our orders being filled are exposed to crews like that?

Esteemed Contributor

OMG, Spurt, I love the visuals!!! They are hilarious and spot on for your comments.

I haven't read your weekly threads in quite a while now, so what a surprise.

{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.wub}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Super Contributor

Love all the animal pictures!! The best thing on this board!!

Honored Contributor

On 6/6/2014 SPURT said:
On 6/5/2014 CalmInTheHeart said:

It reminds me of the old joke with the punchline of '<em>Pete and RePete</em>"...I can't remember the joke though, so I hope it was a good one and PC. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Is this the the joke

"Pete and Repeat were in a boat. Pete fell out. Who was left in the boat?"

"Repeat."

"Okay. Pete and Repeat were in a boat. Pete fell out. Who was left in the boat?"

"...Repeat?"

"Pete and Repeat were in a boat. Pete fell out. Who was left in the boat?"

Continue until the person to whom you're telling the joke catches on. They're constantly telling you to "Repeat" the joke.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Your absolutely right Calmin, it DOES sound like QVC's programming, particularly on the weekend! {#emotions_dlg.glare} Might as well go to taped programming....

Spurt, thanks for telling the joke!

It wouldn't surprise me to see them go to taped programming. Shop does it at night now. And Q shows the same products over and over so could easily do it too.

Super Contributor

SPURT, you outdid yourself, again! LOVE those pics of the cats - they are much more entertaining than the endless reruns of products that some of us have come to despise. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I wonder when TIIC are going to wake up and smell the coffee from the Keurig brewer? "Q Weekend Programming" a.k.a. "Groundhog Day" (the movie) has to be doing some major damage to "the Q's profits" - although the TSVs recently have been big ticket items (so the sales figures look good on paper) but the major competition is attracting new viewers with Flexpays (on most things) and cheaper, if not free, S&H. Many of the topics on the boards discuss their products and it's comical that the mods do nothing about it ( I guess they don't really care). {#emotions_dlg.glare}

Hmmmm, "As Seen on TV"" is something the Southern Channel features often - is the Q attempting to imitate their programming? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Honored Contributor

It really has become a standing joke, computers, vacuums, gadgets and blenders over and over and over again. For heaven's sake, give it a rest...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

LoVe the cats!

Honored Contributor

There was a thread over on Suggestion Box about the same thing: the awful repetition and programming and of course the usual suspects chimed in with their whole 'get a life', 'it works for them' mantra... I don't know how that thread evolved, it must have been badly, as I see it was poofed... It really has become rather glaring, though, how many folks on these boards are sounding off about the lousy options and how little variety is offered on-air these days. I don't know what I'll be doing this weekend, but it won't be watching any of this... Of course, it also won't include the NBA either...

{#emotions_dlg.scared} Wink

Esteemed Contributor

The cat as iPad stand had me rolling. I look forward to this post each week.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

I really, REALLY do look forward to a future segment on how to pull together a bowl of cereal. It's always been such a challenge for me. Tell me, someone please, so I can order before hand, will I need a blender for this?