Honored Contributor

Re: FASHION DAY, A SPECIAL DELIVERY, AND JUMP! JUMP! JUMP!

On 5/7/2014 SPURT said:
On 5/5/2014 stevieb said:

I get so tired of Lisa and others singing the buyer's praises... Granted, he's probably hamstrung by 'corporate' but if THIS is the best he can do, then why not just get out of jewelry altogether. Clearly, that's what they want to do... Personally, I saw a few nice things I wouldn't mind having while watching the gold show, but overall QVC's jewelry is a shadow of what it used to be.

As for the Q, the hosts, the summer mantras, the holiday previews, the buzz phrases, the marketing verbiage (seasonal and otherwise...) and so on and on... It's not much impacting me because I really am hardly watching. The programming has finally fully jumped the shark and while there are still a few shows I try to catch and a few vendors I'll make time to watch, I can go for days, sometimes weeks, without turning it on and you know, I don't miss it, though I do miss the way it <em>used to be</em>...

Oh but how far we've come... Today, is all about cleaning and vacuuming and tomorrow is all day in the kitchen... What is this, the Donna Reed show?

I would MUCH PREFER the Donna Reed Show......

I enjoyed the Paz Israeli jewelry show....and even made an actual purchase...GASP!{#emotions_dlg.w00t} Unfortunately I didn't turn the channel fast enough as my phone rang, and unfortunately had to hear JRT's spiel about how Hoover had to beg to come on QVC {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}{#emotions_dlg.glare}..with Dyson, Bisell, Haan and Shark.....does that actually sound like a "good" business move" for Hoover {#emotions_dlg.confused1}..sounds more like moms said, floor cleaners seem to be selling well, lets sign up another one.....well we will probably never know will we.....but as the old saying goes, it if sounds like a duck, walks like a duck (well you know the rest) {#emotions_dlg.glare}...anyway JRT's little comment was too much for me grabbed the remote and turned the channel so I wouldnt have subject myself to more B.S......

It's not only Lisa, but ALL the hosts seem to sing the praises of David M's purchases....falling into company line no doubt....but the customers know otherwise!

I just know that younger demographic is wowed daily by the plethora of options, repeated often... particularly those that involve spending all day cleaning or in the kitchen...

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 5/7/2014 katiescarlett said:

I guess we are going to be inundated with Temp-tations qwap all day. The TSV is quite overpriced, particularly when you factor in shipping and tax.

And who in the world would pay $69 plus tax for 32 hot dogs????? Even with shipping included, that is over $2 per hot dog, which would be over $8 for a pack at the grocery store! Ridiculous. It's not like you can't get hot dogs anywhere in this country.

Oh, but KS, these are SPECIAL hot dogs...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Glad you enjoyed your weekend!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Apsoolutely hilarious! OP you nailed it!

I have one request, on your next Laugh in show Please, Please include the ever childishness, horrible presentations of Shawn, the queen of making up words. Her beauty show on Tuesday is a joke to behold. Hilarable, (hilarious and horrible). The beautiliciousness is getting old with the same items every week. The $200 hairdryer that has made Shawn a "dryer snob" is sooo not working on her hair.

Anything goes has got to go. It is so infantile and classless (infanless). Shawn is a 40 year old mess (fortmess).

Before I get chastised by those that love Shawn I apologize to you in advance for my HO.

Please everyone have a wonderlicious day!

Don't worry, be Happy!
Valued Contributor

On 5/7/2014 stevieb said:
On 5/7/2014 katiescarlett said:

I guess we are going to be inundated with Temp-tations qwap all day. The TSV is quite overpriced, particularly when you factor in shipping and tax.

And who in the world would pay $69 plus tax for 32 hot dogs????? Even with shipping included, that is over $2 per hot dog, which would be over $8 for a pack at the grocery store! Ridiculous. It's not like you can't get hot dogs anywhere in this country.

Oh, but KS, these are SPECIAL hot dogs...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Glad you enjoyed your weekend!

Duh{#emotions_dlg.huh}, how could I not realize they are special hot dogs! Smack me on the head!

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Valued Contributor

On 5/7/2014 SPURT said:
On 5/6/2014 katiescarlett said:
On 5/4/2014 SPURT said:
On 5/4/2014 hope-Q said:

Oh Spurt, what did I do before I found you GF ! You crack me up so bad it's so good !!!!

I love your pictures, and am in amazement as to where you find such pertinent ones to match your comments !!! lol !

You are the best thing on these forums, no doubt !!

Why is the Q so stupid and stubborn about these consistently poor weekend shows? Don't they get it by now? The only good thing about them is I don't watch the Q all weekend and I don't give them any of my money, and that's a good thing !!

(If the only knew if they did it right, they would get a portion of my income...their loss. Guess they don't need my pittance !)

Can we all go outside and dance to the "Gods of New Programming" that they finally get off of their keisters and actually bring us new things?

Indian Performing Rain Dance - Royalty Free Clipart Picture

One can hope.

Thanks for your kind words....

Nope the Q doesnt get it and guess what more PCs are in store for next weekend too...I think QVC owns all the PC factories....{#emotions_dlg.glare}

Well, girls, I managed to avoid all of it because I was on my way to Charlotte to see Daryl Hall and John OatesSmile, whose music I have loved for 39 years{#emotions_dlg.wub}! It was outdoors in an amphitheater and was just fabulous{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}. Weather was perfect, started out in daylight and finished with stars. SmileSecond only to Paul McCartney at Williams-Brice Stadium, at least for me!

But I groaned when I saw the TSV was another Dell, and then a vacuum. Ugh.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Hey KS so glad you had a great time and enjoyed the concert and had good weather......a starry night concert sounds wonderful!

But now your just in time for Cooking on Q - Summer Cooking.....{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} exploding, cracking cookware, good ole Vitamix etc etc... and another 4 Hour Special on ITKWD!!!! I bet your concert could not hold a candle to this!!!! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}....I know its time to bring in the horse manure....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

And speaking of manure....for $69 for hot dogs QVC will have to do some very clever selling....and I see Mary is already hyping them up on her facebook page---why she even had them for her very own dinner----now that comment alone will no doubt send the foodies to a frenzy and they will be burning up the phone lines/tablets/pcs with their orders....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

It was a great concert! And you are right, being outside under the stars made it even better! And then my friends dragged me to IKEA the next day. Talk about overload!{#emotions_dlg.w00t} I did buy a kitchen cart, much cheaper at $59 than the "Q's," although it does not fold, which is not an issue with me.

I only watched a minute of cooking shows yesterday, and thankfully, it was THE MOST IMPORTANT MINUTE where DV showed the cover of his new cookbook. I am SO glad I did not miss that big announcement! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Wonder how the Temp-tations faux Lock and Lock will hold up - certainly more expensive.

Speaking of horse manure, have to shovel some tonight. Wink

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Frequent Contributor

SPURT, I am still laughing!!

Honored Contributor

On 5/8/2014 golfcartrider said:

Apsoolutely hilarious! OP you nailed it!

I have one request, on your next Laugh in show Please, Please include the ever childishness, horrible presentations of Shawn, the queen of making up words. Her beauty show on Tuesday is a joke to behold. Hilarable, (hilarious and horrible). The beautiliciousness is getting old with the same items every week. The $200 hairdryer that has made Shawn a "dryer snob" is sooo not working on her hair.

Anything goes has got to go. It is so infantile and classless (infanless). Shawn is a 40 year old mess (fortmess).

Before I get chastised by those that love Shawn I apologize to you in advance for my HO.

Please everyone have a wonderlicious day!

Hi golfcartrider....

thanks for your nice comments---

I hate to disappoint a faithful reader, but I will have to pass on your request....due to the Q's awful programming, I haven't really watched Shawn's Shows---I watch AM Style on Saturdays (although I question the term "style") then immediately turn the channel so don't watch that......I watch Castle so don't watch her show with Issac....and I don't watch the Anything Goes Show either ---as she's teamed with Rick, and a little of Rick goes a long way, and not even a Shawn Says Accessorize is on my personal preferences....so sad to say, I am uninformed with Shawn....although I was flipping the channels and caught her wearing some ugly version of Roman sandals that didnt match her outfit....I quickly flipped by .....and thats all I can say about Shawn...{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

I never watch ITKWD so I don't know Mary at all, but does she always make goofy faces like David does? Every picture you post of her has her making some dumb face or with a giant smile like she is having the time of her life. I could not sit through a minute of those two together.

Honored Contributor

On 5/15/2014 tdog said:

I never watch ITKWD so I don't know Mary at all, but does she always make goofy faces like David does? Every picture you post of her has her making some dumb face or with a giant smile like she is having the time of her life. I could not sit through a minute of those two together.

Hi tdog----Mary is/was the Associate Producer, now her title is Social Correspondent....she chats with all the foodies and shares what all the Facebook Friends are sharing {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}.....and she kills time when David moves from one set to another .....sometimes she takes a more active role--David brings her some food to sample and has talked about her glueten free diet.....-Why QVC even sent her to some Kite And Cherry Blossom Festival to do a remote---and it had absolutely no connection as to what David was cooking or items presented for the show---and she went with David to Philly's Home And Garden Show where they gave a presentation to the attendees.....For some reason during her off time, she's taken naps on the floor!!!! -I DO like Mary's cat, Jasper though----now if the Q gave him a show I'd definitely watch and probably buy what he would be selling...{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 5/9/2014 lovetheboardwalk said:

SPURT, I am still laughing!!

{#emotions_dlg.blushing}...glad you liked it