Honored Contributor

Re: FASHION! COSMETICS! TAKE THE CHALLENGE! AND TOOLS! TOOLS! TOOLS!

Oh Spurt, I feel just awful... I really MEANT to post a reminder for you to be sure and set your DVR or have your TV warmed up for tonight's first full hourly 'dedicated' show to your favorite... QVC does bag lady fashions... Gosh I hope you didn't miss it... I KNOW how much you love this look and how you really look forward to these styles... Personally, I lasted less than five minutes and about twenty for "Inspired"....( inspired... really...?) Style... Amy looked ready to clean out Katie's stalls for the first hour but then, after donning multiple layers for Lori's show, well, she fit right in... Looked just like a bag lady, complete with 'distressed' jeans, the usual messy hair and several sets of ill-fitting togs... I'll say it was NOT to be missed, but unfortunately, for all the wrong reasons...

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 3/1/2015 teganslaw said:

QVC has the Oreck Challenge now; what happened to Dyson? Didn't they recently feature shows about that? I wonder what viewers are suppose to do with their Dyson vacuums now that they're replaced with Oreck. Maybe QVC would do a trade-in.

Spring isn't that far away, so gardening shows don't really bother me. We had 4 inches of snow today, but it's not as cold. I also saw some robins, which is suppose to be sign of spring. We haven't had much snow this winter compared to last year. I've only had to shovel a couple times. The worst part has been the extreme cold.

The South has been really hit hard with ice and snow. SPURT, has your area gotten much bad weather like other parts of Texas? I feel bad for them because they don't have the equipment to handle such weather like the North does.

Hey TEGAN......oh don't worry QVC will bring out the Dyson real soon, followed by the Shark.....one can never have too many vacuums....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Well even here in Texas the weather has been so erratic a couple warm days then our temperatures plummet downard.....we could be experiencing a wintery mix tonight (rain, sleet, ice, or snow in the Hill Country on Wednesday night or Thursday, that is IF you can believe the weather forecasters.....and they are all saying the gardeners are asking them when the freezing temperatures are going to be over so they can start their gardening....

A little north of us in the Hill Country they have already experienced a dusting of snow and sleet, but not us....I just hope we don't get an ice storm....it makes the roads and even sidewalks hazardous ....one year I had to chisel the ice off the sidewalk and ended up with a small hill of ice!...We aren't equipped to handle a really bad ice or snow storm....I think I heard the news people say the only actual snow plow is in Del Rio 155 miles away....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}The shut down the highways and most businesses and schools if its really bad. ....Now snow isn't too bad here, it looks pretty, is fun to build a tiny snowman and it melts real quickly so bring on the snow...Wink{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 3/2/2015 jackthebear said:
On 2/27/2015 SPURT said:
On 2/27/2015 lynnsy said:

Spurt... I do have one question...

Does Jane sell "dancing shoes" now? Was flipping thru channels, testing them out with new dish service.. and models were dancing to music for shoe show.

What is going on? Has the "E" network bought QVC. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Lynnsy as far as the dancing shoes.....I'm not really sure, but one of her daughters is a ballerina, and she talks constantly about her family going to see the Nutcracker year after year, as well as numerous Broadway Shows and she is a Disney fan, and many Disney productions have featured song and dance......so it does seem logical that she would include dancing as part of her host presentations.....aren't ya thrilled {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Ah yes QVC's CEO does consider QVC an "entertainment" channel and in view of today's "entertainment" I think they are on par with what we are being offered......{#emotions_dlg.glare} We already have vendors that move 'n groove (Women With Control)....singing hosts--Jayne and Nancy have been known to break into song now and then....Now product information and measurements on clothing, or actual product demonstrations.....these things just don't seem to be important anymore...{#emotions_dlg.glare}

This morning's show with Pat and Jayne, they are spending time with the Facebook question. I don't understand this because isn't it taking away time from selling? which is what this channel is about. Don't get it, that time can be used to give info about the fabric, measurements etc

Hi JACKTHEBEAR.....oh yes the "all important" Facebook question...so customers can make believe the hosts are their friends.....{#emotions_dlg.glare} They waste so much time on this, and if you want product info you have to search it out yourself, that is IF they actually included things like clothing measurements which have been frequently even been left off their website.......Who would've thought that social media is more important than merchandise for a SHOPPING channel....SHEESH! {#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 3/2/2015 stevieb said:

Oh Spurt, I feel just awful... I really MEANT to post a reminder for you to be sure and set your DVR or have your TV warmed up for tonight's first full hourly 'dedicated' show to your favorite... QVC does bag lady fashions... Gosh I hope you didn't miss it... I KNOW how much you love this look and how you really look forward to these styles... Personally, I lasted less than five minutes and about twenty for "Inspired"....( inspired... really...?) Style... Amy looked ready to clean out Katie's stalls for the first hour but then, after donning multiple layers for Lori's show, well, she fit right in... Looked just like a bag lady, complete with 'distressed' jeans, the usual messy hair and several sets of ill-fitting togs... I'll say it was NOT to be missed, but unfortunately, for all the wrong reasons...

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Oh STEVIE.....Oh darn, I missed QVC's new and not so improved Monday Night lineup....It sounds as "thrilling" as I imagined it to be {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}....BTW did Amy "whisper" and how many times did she mention Bree in the 5 minutes you watched....inquiring minds want to know..{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

What was funny I was shopping at Stein Mart and saw a good imitation of the Logo line, but instead of the price gouging that QVC charges for this junk, Stein Mart was charging a mere $19.99 to get it home....and having seen the real Logo qwapp close up, courtesy of a co-worker who purchased the Q Logo brand, Stein Mart's version looked pretty much the same material, colors etc etc.....So Stevie, if you want to look like a bag lady, BUT save money head to Stein Mart.....All I have to say is that today's fashion "designers" are as BAD, as today's TV and movie writers....these are the BAD OLD DAYS! {#emotions_dlg.sneaky} Now to be fair to Stein Mart, they did also have some nice looking clothes too......and they had displayed a lot of spring handbags....I saw a Tig crossover bag I purchased at the Q a couple years ago.....QVC doubled the price, but it was at the original price at Stein Mart....I think QVC really needs to change their moniker....they no longer offer quality, and with their outrageous prices they no longer have value, and since you have to do your own research on products to find info and use several platforms---TV and PC or APP they are no longer about convenience....{#emotions_dlg.glare}

Honored Contributor

Oh Spurt... I'm just devastated that I let you down and even MORE devastated, just devastated, that you missed the new Monday night, uh, whatever... I KNOW how much you were looking forward to it... Honestly, what I saw was relatively awful and chances are I won't be back for a repeat performance... Amy and Lori, shew, what a combo... But now really Spurt, I've coined a new moniker for the bag lady fashions, we now have to refer to it as 'yoga chic'...

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Actually, I think you hit the nail on the head, above...

I think I told you I finally made it to Stein Mart late last fall and while I haven't been back, I did think they had a nice selection of many things... I will get back one day, but it's a bit of a drive, so probably won't frequent it. I thought the pricing would be better, but for some things it was fine and I understand that like Kohl's they frequently offer coupons and other promotions (are you listening Q...)

And speaking of Q, Tig and value... I was at the Maxx last week and saw both of two recent Tig purchases I'd made here. In light of the fact that the bags at the Maxx were the exact colors I'd chosen (one as a gift) and in light of the fact that they were HALF the cost, I purchased both of them... The Q versions went back today. Yes, I know, I'll be out at least part of the shipping (though these were ordered before THE date) but I'll still save significantly... Really, no excuse... And then the pricey shipping on top of twice the price.. You see the Q's new smoke and mirrors shipping policy doesn't seem to have included much of a price break for shipping handbags...

Lots of fallout on these boards lately... Lots of questioning of the Q's choices and of those very important initials and what they do and don't seem to stand for... Seems as though the natives are getting restless... Hope Mikey and company have a whole lot of new customers lined up...

Wink

Honored Contributor

Spurt, I'm really going to be curious to take a look at financials over the course of this year and the end of last year... It just seems like one mistake after another... The shipping policy, the ongoing terrible weekends, the lousy Monday line-up and no Lisa... I suppose we could be in for a surprise, but I really don't think so. Has the Q passed the point of no return? I kind of think for a segment of their customer base they have. Some will stay no matter what, but I think others are a bit fed up.