Esteemed Contributor

Re: FASHION! COSMETICS! TAKE THE CHALLENGE! AND TOOLS! TOOLS! TOOLS!

Well, if the Oreck picks up bowling bowls, isn't it our Dyson that scoops up all those errant billiard balls we have scattered about? (So long as you have that long plastic tube attachment which is sold separately).

Over on HSN they have a diminutive vendor who actually picks up and places a Hoover Wind Tunnel on the wall and it sticks, no hands! Now, that's vacuuming power, should one need to clean cobwebs off the wall, after the bowling and billiard balls are all put in their proper places.

Good showing SPURT!

Oh, and Leah mentioned that next Saturday she's off, due to all day Spring Gardening!

Honored Contributor

Yea, well, next time I need to vacuum up a slew of bowling balls, I'll give this one some thought... Until then, no, no, no... Just another vacuum... And tomorrow, wow, tools...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

That next weekend will be another bummer is so predictable it's actually funny... Looks like another garden-fest followed by a day of Bose... Unbelievably believable...

Honored Contributor

On 2/28/2015 handygal said: Rushing the seasons with all-day marathon programming really bothers me too. I don't know which is worse, "Christmas in July", or gardening shows in February-- with a month's-worth of snow on the ground!

HANDYGAL---I have to admit I USED TO look forward to Christmas In July...way baaaacccck then it was ONE day whenever July 25th fell, and it broke up the monotonous array of summer products....also way back when it was actually NEW and UNIQUE products .....then they put away all the decorations until after Halloween. Then suddenly they expanded it to the weekend programming....and then it became ALL of July!!!! And now it seems it begins with Christmas in July and doesn't stop until December 24th when QVC shuts down until December 26th....Yep, July through December--it's nothing but Christmas trees, Bethlehem Lights, and those Bliss Lights....the Flashpad (sorry Kittymom), the Cabbage Patch Dolls, and those train trax that light up....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}......To bad for autumn .....Halloween even used to be fun, but that's been done away with too....and Thanksgiving too (except for their occasional "gourmet" food shows....overpriced food to serve your guests).....

And now they do the same with gardening and Capris and Crop pants.....{#emotions_dlg.glare} One can only imagine the "themes" that QVC's marketing department is working on right now....the products won't change...just the titles I'm afraid.....and folks become more and more disenchanted with the Q! {#emotions_dlg.glare}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 2/28/2015 stevieb said:

Yea, well, next time I need to vacuum up a slew of bowling balls, I'll give this one some thought... Until then, no, no, no... Just another vacuum... And tomorrow, wow, tools...

Stevie....why QVC is given you an opportunity to open up a whole new career.....grab your Oreck and go work at a bowling alley.....so "exciting"......{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

And with those tools---why you can become Stevie, The Tool Time Woman!!!! .......you might even get your own show on the DYI Network.....Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 2/28/2015 Johnnyeager said:

Well, if the Oreck picks up bowling bowls, isn't it our Dyson that scoops up all those errant billiard balls we have scattered about? (So long as you have that long plastic tube attachment which is sold separately).

Over on HSN they have a diminutive vendor who actually picks up and places a Hoover Wind Tunnel on the wall and it sticks, no hands! Now, that's vacuuming power, should one need to clean cobwebs off the wall, after the bowling and billiard balls are all put in their proper places.

Good showing SPURT!

Oh, and Leah mentioned that next Saturday she's off, due to all day Spring Gardening!

JOHNNYEAGER----these days you need to purchase ALL the different models ---because each as it's own special way to multi-task---bowling balls, billiard balls, and cobwebs all part of the game......make Martha Stewart proud! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Spring Gardening in the snow!!!! Cool{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}Oh I can't wait and if I was a betting woman, I suspect we will see yet another appearance of this Sundays' Sun Joe Tools....talk about your RERUNS!!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Honored Contributor

On 3/1/2015 SPURT said:
On 2/28/2015 stevieb said:

Stevie....why QVC is given you an opportunity to open up a whole new career.....grab your Oreck and go work at a bowling alley.....so "exciting"......{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

And with those tools---why you can become Stevie, The Tool Time Woman!!!! .......you might even get your own show on the DYI Network.....Wink

Oh my yes, two of my aspirations can be fulfilled in one fell swoop... working in a bowling alley and being a tool toting DIY-er... Thanks Spurt, but, well, NEXT!

Esteemed Contributor

QVC has the Oreck Challenge now; what happened to Dyson? Didn't they recently feature shows about that? I wonder what viewers are suppose to do with their Dyson vacuums now that they're replaced with Oreck. Maybe QVC would do a trade-in.

Spring isn't that far away, so gardening shows don't really bother me. We had 4 inches of snow today, but it's not as cold. I also saw some robins, which is suppose to be sign of spring. We haven't had much snow this winter compared to last year. I've only had to shovel a couple times. The worst part has been the extreme cold.

The South has been really hit hard with ice and snow. SPURT, has your area gotten much bad weather like other parts of Texas? I feel bad for them because they don't have the equipment to handle such weather like the North does.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Truth be told, I don't much care what they program anymore... Sad to say, with very few exceptions, I've moved on, and only occasionally even bother to check the Q's program guide and then it's out of force of habit... It's been so stale and such a limited viewing or shopping resource for so long... And yes, Lisa's departure more or less pushed it all past the point of no return. The pricing and now the return policy also do little to enhance my desire to watch or shop. You reach a point in life where you opt to minimize, when you can, the things that no longer bring you pleasure and for me, this is one of those things I can minimize.

Honored Contributor

On 2/27/2015 SPURT said:
On 2/27/2015 lynnsy said:

Spurt... I do have one question...

Does Jane sell "dancing shoes" now? Was flipping thru channels, testing them out with new dish service.. and models were dancing to music for shoe show.

What is going on? Has the "E" network bought QVC. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Lynnsy as far as the dancing shoes.....I'm not really sure, but one of her daughters is a ballerina, and she talks constantly about her family going to see the Nutcracker year after year, as well as numerous Broadway Shows and she is a Disney fan, and many Disney productions have featured song and dance......so it does seem logical that she would include dancing as part of her host presentations.....aren't ya thrilled {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Ah yes QVC's CEO does consider QVC an "entertainment" channel and in view of today's "entertainment" I think they are on par with what we are being offered......{#emotions_dlg.glare} We already have vendors that move 'n groove (Women With Control)....singing hosts--Jayne and Nancy have been known to break into song now and then....Now product information and measurements on clothing, or actual product demonstrations.....these things just don't seem to be important anymore...{#emotions_dlg.glare}

This morning's show with Pat and Jayne, they are spending time with the Facebook question. I don't understand this because isn't it taking away time from selling? which is what this channel is about. Don't get it, that time can be used to give info about the fabric, measurements etc