Honored Contributor

Is someone really paying $89.00 for a pair of reading glasses?

I guess so or they would not present them.  I get mine that are close to those for $8.00 at Dollar General.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Not me. I buy mine at Michael's for $3.99 each, in the knitting, crochet, needlework area.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

I used to buy cheap readers until I realized how much they aged me. I happened to read an article about fashions that tend to age women, and it was confirmed. Now, I don't put any glasses on my face that I wouldn't wear in prescription lenses or sunglasses. I do have plenty of cheap readers around the house, in every room, in every conceivable location though Smiley Very Happy

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

I don't know but the brand name is silly to me

what does is represent

Honored Contributor

i would not pay that much.

i buy the joy mangano brand, the lori grenier brand, the betsey johnson brand, and the hummingbird brand and they all work well for me and come in cute patterns and colors. i have quite a few and have them everywhere.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Guilty.  I do buy and use Eyebobs, even at $89.  I have several issues with my eyes, have had several surgeries and I do wear readers and when driving and working I wear prescription glasses. I do have several pairs of readers at bargain prices like many of you, but I find for me the Eyebobs are a better quality.  It is worth it to me because of my aforementioned eye issues.  I guess we all have priorities, and my eyes are high on my list.

Honored Contributor

My 1.00 readers from Dollar Tree work fine for me.

Super Contributor

Re: Eyebob's??????

[ Edited ]

Even at $89.00, it is a great price if your exact prescription is one that is offered in readers.  I don't know how often that happens.  I never had my prescription that simple, or both of my eyes needing the same strength.  It would have been great to have my ophthalmologist tell me to buy readers.  What a luxury to have several pairs!

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't pay $89.00 for reading glasses. My regular eyeglasses don't cost me $89.00.  I wear contacts and wear glasses so infrequently, I go to Walmart and spend under $50.00 for a pair.  LOL

I cannot however wear the cheapy dollar store reading glasses.  Everything is distorted, they are cheap, the lenses blur everything and they scratch really easy.  They are also ugly and if I have to wear them often at work, I at least want them to look decent.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I have purchased eyebobs twice and twice returned them. The frames and lenses are excellent quality, but if you can't stand the weight of them on your face they are worthless. I think if they sold a womens eyeglass instead of unisex the weight would be less. Cheap readers are just that, cheap readers.