Honored Contributor

Re: Extremely overpriced QVC products

@webbgarner1 wrote:

@LilacTree  Agree. I posted several months ago about a rika bracelet that was vermeil and diamonique for about $350 and I think that was a discounted price. CZ stones and vermeil, for that price just to have a ripka name. Never in my lifetime.  For those of you willing to pay that much for  it , bravo, enjoy. But lets face it, it is no more than costume or junk jewelry. Shame on you QVC.

@webbgarner1

ITA about Q's jewelry .... much of it is costume type quality and the prices are so out of line,  people must buy it for the name but Im not into that.....never was.  I just want a nice piece of jewelry that's priced appropriately for the quality. 

I will say that Or Paz is one of Q's reasonable jewlery lines along with Carolyn Pollack.............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LilacTree wrote:

@Mj12@Alison Wonderland

Sorry ladies . . . not bitter at all.  Just making an observation.

@LilacTree @Mj12 

I agree with Lilac Im not bitter, I just comparison shop and try to be a good steward with my money and compare not only price but quality and in the case of clothing manufacturers that are consistent in sizing........and sizing is a big problem at QVC, and I got tired of their $10 "try me fee" for returns...(original shipping $3 plus the $6.95 return label)....sure they offer free exchanges but only if the item keeps the same item number, and they have the item in your size that you need......Their sizing chart is not very accurate either!.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

More and more I see something on QVC, then head to other sites to either purchase cheaper, or to get free shipping.  While an item may catch my eye on QVC, I drop my dime on other sties that more fairly price the item.  Those same sites offer free shipping, or offer free shipping when your total purchase hits a certain amount.  I really agree about Ripka.  Her jewelry has always reminded me of something you would find in a gumball machine.

Trusted Contributor

@Spurt  yes, I like the or paz line from what I have seen, although i do not own any. I Like some of carolyn Pollocks bracelts.

Honored Contributor

@webbgarner1 wrote:

@Spurt  yes, I like the or paz line from what I have seen, although i do not own any. I Like some of carolyn Pollocks bracelts.

@webbgarner1

I like Or Paz the jewelry is unique .....Im not into Carolyn's more western styles, but like her more "traditional" jewelry and purchased earrings and bracelets from her line....nicely made! 

Trusted Contributor

I think you and I have similar tastes. I do not care for the real weswtern type of jewelty either.

Valued Contributor

For a brief time, I too thought QVC was overpriced - then I went to the mall, and even Kohl's.   WOW

QVC still appears to have good prices.

Also, I don't run into someone wearing the same thing I'm wearing, when it's from the Q.

Honored Contributor

Hi @Spurt I was not referring to you at all. I don’t think you sound bitter in the least!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

Hi @Spurt I was not referring to you at all. I don’t think you sound bitter in the least!  Smiley Happy

@Mj12

Oh I took no offense....I knew you didnt mean me...I was just adding my 2 cents....Have a good day! 

Contributor

I totally agree with you.  I think the pricing is getting way out of line. Sometimes you can find a deal on sale items, When you consider shipping charges and then if you need to return it - it gets pricey.