Regular Contributor

Sent back a denim top to exchange for a different size.   Was treated as a return.  Thought exchanges were free.   So if I order again I will pay 3 S&H charges.   Plan on contacting customer service to correct this issue. 

Respected Contributor

I have had this happen to me.  I think sometimes they either don't have the item to exchange or the person that processed it, just missed it's an exhange.  I would use the chat live feature and ask customer service what happened.  If they don't have the item to exchange, you still shouldn't be charged for the return.  That's not your fault.  

Good luck

Honored Contributor

@Mi47.  They should not have charged you return s&h even if the exchange didn't work.  If they did, contact CS  for a refund.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

This happens to me every time I attempt an exchange. They HAVE the item in stock but just don't do it   I think out of 7 exchange attempts, I received one. Others were all credited as a return. Don't know why they don't want to do exchanges. Hosts should stop saying you can exchange.

Honored Contributor

You are due a refund if you were charged for return shipping @Mi47 .   You are not supposed to get charged return shipping if an exchange item is out of stock.

Respected Contributor

I have never had an exchange actually work as an exchange, they have always been a return and then I need to reorder it. I was told by a CS rep to just return, reorder and then call and they would credit the s/h fee for the return and new purchase so that is what I have done since then.

Lynn-Critter Lover!
(especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

@Mi47   Exchanges are free s/h but only if they have what you're asking for in your exchange. If the color and/or size is no longer there by the time they actually get your package, they then will process a refund.

Now, if what you now wantis still available, the way they process exchange is to process a refund, you're not charged again for the item nor s/h, and you get your (new) item. 

Honored Contributor

I even exchange all the time with no problems but I contact EZ returns first!!

I would never just mark the slip with my choices and expect the Returns dept to get it done right.  IMHO, they are poorly trained and possibly understaffed.

If you wait all the time it takes using the label to get it back to a QVC warehouse, it could def sell out.

I contact them and they process the exchange....get the new one in process before they even rec'd the wrong one.

Esteemed Contributor

90% of  my exchanges had been treated as a refund and yes they did charge me return shipping. I have had to contact Customer Service several times on exchanges .

Host should  not be touting easy exchanges. I have never had this happen with any other online or catalog clothing company on exchanges . QVC Knows that  this  is happening  when people send back items for an exchange .

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

90% of  my exchanges had been treated as a refund and yes they did charge me return shipping. I have had to contact Customer Service several times on exchanges .

Host should  not be touting easy exchanges. I have never had this happen with any other online or catalog clothing company on exchanges . QVC Knows that  this  is happening  when people send back items for an exchange .

@skatting44  - It's too bad that you have to call Customer Service everytime to get a refund on the shipping.  Their employees should know not to charge shipping if an exchange item is not available.