Honored Contributor

Everyone that is not happy about the forums going away, do this....

[ Edited ]

Email the new head guy that just took over October 1st.  Perhaps this will get this attention.  

Let's all do it!

ETA - I did have his email address on here, but it was removed.  Might as well remove the entire thread.

Respected Contributor

Re: Everyone that is not happy about the forums going away, do this....

I would, but they are probably happy to see me go as I stopped shopping here long ago.   I have only purchased about one or two things in the past several years.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Trusted Contributor

Go for it and I will too but I think this was in the works long before he took over.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree about the shutdown having been planned for some time.

I seriously can not imagine Mr. Rawlinson’s first focus would be the forums. He has much, much bigger and more important issues with which to contend. 

Respected Contributor

I don't think the "new guy" was the driver of this. It had to be in the works for quite some time. 

The hard reality is that these forums are a dinosaur.

Only a small subset of QVC customers post here. while their FB page has a little over 3.1 MILLION followers. If it's not driving incremental sales or reaching their target demographic, and I'm sure they have enormous amounts of data with that info, it needs to go. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Super Contributor

Years ago there was another independent site for home shopping conversation.  I actually preferred this type of forum rather than one controlled by the company.  There is now a market for this again.  I am sure something will spring up. 

Honored Contributor

of course, I agree with all of you that is sad our little corner is being demolished, but don't you think there was less and less activity? 

and Q isn't in the social or forum business so it is not unexpected to me

at least there is time to get a new place 

Respected Contributor

I will email him but I doubt he made the decision about the Forums.  He is so far up the corporate ladder he probably doesn't even know they exist.

Respected Contributor

It's kind of like when they ended overnight programming and many people went berserk over that....( although most of us knew it was partially due to Covid)...

I like the forums and will not join farcebook under ANY circumstances.

It was fun while it lasted. Like a lot of things today.

I hope those who depended on this forum for daily communication can find another place....I don't minimize that feeling of losing a "friend".

Actually, it's kind of shocking that QVC is still on the air selling like they do.....but then again, a lot of it seems to be info-mercial style....

Anyway....I enjoyed the forums and will miss them!!!

Respected Contributor

@FrostyBabe1   While I am not happy about this I have to agree with you. QVC knows exactly how many people are active on the forums and how many sales are generated by posters who post here. They have looked at the numbers and decided it is not profitable to continue with them. But if they think Facebook will draw a younger group this will not happen. They have left Facebook and most younger people do not and will not shop with a shopping network. They shop online but with Amazon.