Honored Contributor

Re: Everyone that is not happy about the forums going away, do this....

@4kitties wrote:

I would, but they are probably happy to see me go as I stopped shopping here long ago.   I have only purchased about one or two things in the past several years.  

Same here, I will miss the boards. I don't buy from Q because there prices always seem higher than everyone elses.

Valued Contributor

What is the new ProBoard forum called?

Esteemed Contributor

@PatriciaG wrote:

What is the new ProBoard forum called?

@PatriciaG 

q forum friends

mellyg.proboards.com

Super Contributor

@sonson  Thank you for updating the CEO email. I have resent my email to him!

@sonson wrote:

@mspemberley wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Email the new head guy that just took over October 1st.  Perhaps this will get this attention.  

Let's all do it!

ETA - I did have his email address on here, but it was removed.  Might as well remove the entire thread.

@@San Antonio Gal  I sent an email yesterday to the email address posted here and it failed to deliver. At least I tried!

David.Rawlinson@Qvc.com

there is a period between first and last name. 

@sonson  Thank you for updating the CEO email address. I have sent him an email!

Honored Contributor

Was our petition removed???

Valued Contributor

@MrSour wrote:

@Houstonoilers wrote:

Does anyone know of a similar site that has forums with various topics, ie recipes, movies, books, etc.

HSN community

How do you find the community boards on HSN?  I've been looking unsuccessfully.  Thanks.

Valued Contributor

@Wobin  - to get to HSN forum - sign on to HSN and then under "Connect" choose "Community" 

Valued Contributor

@PatriciaG wrote:

@Wobin  - to get to HSN forum - sign on to HSN and then under "Connect" choose "Community" 

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Here's the thing... I personally have been a Q-buyer since the early to mid-90's.  I have participated on the boards since that time (with my first ID) and then later on, the ID I have currently.  I come over here and chat and then go over to what's selling and start looking around.  I don't buy like I did back in the day because of various issues, but have never stopped.  Now there will not even be a reason to be over here.   AND this year will be my first year of buying on-line generally because I am not able to walk for hours shopping any more. .

I don't really care if "things change" but to get rid of the discussion boards because some focus group believes the boards have run their course or we have a new college grad emplyed on the Q who thinks "viola", we can save some money deleting the boards.....and then the boards are no longer drumming up business for the Q, I would venture to say that this is wrong in the long run.  Yes, they may save money initally but in the long run they may notice a drop in sales.  

OH... and I can't stand Facebook... I really do.  

So a fond farewell to all the posters I have conversed with and to all I've thoroughly enjoyed through the years.  I understand that those in charge really do believe they know everything there is to know regarding quirky Shopping Channels and sales..... but they honestly missed the boat on this one.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Regular Contributor

I didn't even know the boards existed until the night the Q cut its overnight hours, what two or three years ago this month. I typed a question into Google and found the link! (That they cut the hours still annoys me.)

I have enjoyed Q talk since then, and I am so sad the boards are going away. Posting on FB is not the same thing AT ALL. Message boards may be seen as "old school" but a lot of people who don't like social media enjoy boards, browsing various topics, replying and having a few laughs, making friends.  

Sure, nothing personal, just business, but it's a sad business.