Trusted Contributor

Re: Everyone should present TSV's like Carolyn Gracie!

Nah the new IT girl is Katrina Zsish. A complete spitfire and a little diva in training. Love the Zsish
Valued Contributor

@JONNYSBRO  It would be more believable that you were really a fan if you spelled her name right. Smiley Wink

Regarding original post.....yep, I enjoy Carolyn's presentations as well. She really does seem to have a good rapport with many of the vendors too. 

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Valued Contributor

@SunSprite wrote:

@JONNYSBRO  It would be more believable that you were really a fan if you spelled her name right. Smiley Wink

I will say I also spelled her name wrong the other day, well her initials....I put KZ lol...but, I had just read this Jonnysbro thread re her and he spelled it with a Z too...hehe...also, let's not forget I'm NOT obsessed w/her either like he appears to be....Truth be told I actually cannot stand to even watch her! (Ummm, uhhhh, is half of her talk time) lol

~ Hope in TN ~
Valued Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

I watched the midnight TSV presentation of Clarks Step Glow Jade with Carolyn Gracie. The detail she provided was the best, but I should have known she would explain everything, as I've seen her done this in the past. She not only described the colors, but showed the inside AND the soles of the shoes. The vendor Amy commented on that. It was so nice to get something besides the colors, a brief description, and a look at the models. 

I don't wear shoes like this and I wasn't intending to order any. I ended up doing just that! If she hadn't shown the inside and the soles I probably wouldn't have been interested! Smiley Wink

@beach-mom 

Carolyn is an EXCELLENT host, she is always informative and gives good product detail too in a calm, pleasant voice....Woman Very Happy

This!

~ Hope in TN ~
Regular Contributor

I agree I love to watch Carolyn Gracie she is so clear about the item. She never says $20 dollar bill alert. I cannot stand to hear that Pat D constantly says that. I could watch Carolyn all day she is genuine and so down to earth no airs. I wish some of the new hosts would watch her and learn.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I believe that all of the hosts develop a persona and character for their television personality.  We have no idea if they are "real" or "genuine" and may in actuality be the exact polar opposite of the personality that they have honed and crafted for the viewing pleasure of their targeted audience.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I believe that all of the hosts develop a persona and character for their television personality.  We have no idea if they are "real" or "genuine" and may in actuality be the exact polar opposite of the personality that they have honed and crafted for the viewing pleasure of their targeted audience.

@Johnnyeager 

Oh I think watching shows over time you can tell who's sincere and who's genuine and who's not....And you get a feeling of who you can trust and who you don't....And if you are unhappy with the products purchased that's also another clue.....because you tell yourself, why wasnt this revealed in their presentation!!!

When I hear a host BE HONEST with a caller that---" this item isn't well  suited for petites and they dont think the customer woul'd be happy with their purchase, and there's something else coming up in the show, and its even cheaper than whats being shown".....I think that host IS being "sincere, genuine, and real"....They are putting the customer before QVC's profits..... 

And Ive heard some hosts tell customers, "now if your looking for a product that does "so and so"....this is not what your looking for.....

Even if the customer returned something that didnt work in this scenario....the customer would have feelings of ill will towards QVC for not disclosing all the important details...and QVC would still get $12 back for the return....If the host failed to mention this to the caller I DO think that host is insincere and disingenuous....!!!

And hosts that say nothing but repeat the same old tired sales lines and not giving full details I would say that they are not "real" in their presentations.... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, GoinBack! : )

Honored Contributor

Carolyn is very 'exact', and her camera people seem to know when to zoom in for detailed descriptions re: fabric, prints, colors, etc.

We like to see 'up close' when it comes to purchasing clothing items, and Carolyn knows what we like to see!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).