Honored Contributor

Re: Everyone should present TSV's like Carolyn Gracie!

Sorry, Carolyn is one of the main reasons I don't watch. To me she is pushy and condescending.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Such a nice post and a change of pace, to bad the thread was ruined with host bashings, and people could not stick with positive things to say.  We all know about  people not liking the "newer" hosts, why keep repeating it?

Yes I think Carolyn is a good host.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@jlrbr wrote:
I agree 100%! Carolyn is an excellent host. She just gets us. What we want to know. I would love to see her in prime time more often.
@ SPURT I too am over the silly, giddiness of many of the hosts. I've said it before, I don't care about how many they own (SB) or where they're going on vacation (KL). Throwing up your hands and shrieking is a channel changer. I think some hosts need a refresher course.

@jlrbr 

I am so tired of the host "all about me" stuff---and these fantasy stories about the clothes, or the "busy mom" stories.....or family stories....🙄  Sadly, I think that's what QVC wants...to create the illusion that the host is a "friend" and the viewer is part of the "family"  Why QVC is just a time spent with "the girls"🙄...But people dont get to know about the merchandise and thats why there are many unanswered questions on the web site product page Woman Frustrated

One time a few of us were sent to a Business Conference it was supposed to be about building employee motivation and team work.....But it was more about the retail world and customer service....I'll never forget one speaker who was a Sales Rep, as a consumer, I found it interesting...she talked about "know your customer".....and its obvious QVC really doesn't know what we like and dislike...they go by "trends" that dont fit their customer base at all...Woman Frustrated

I am thinking about the hosts you are refferring to, I guess there is an audience for the chaos presentations.  People walking in front of people etc...Some of us are not those people lol.  I pretty much watch Q early morning and sometimes during the day.  I enjoy Leah's Sat. morning show.  I switch between her and Shophq.  I am not into the beauty shows but I will watch Amy on HSN.  Her beauty shows are nice and she always has something new.  No Chaos on the set lol.  Have a nice Saturday ladies.

Occasional Contributor

I agree. Carolyn Gracie is so professional in her presentations. I really cannot stand the screaming and yelling over something. It grates on my nerves and I quit watching. She has fun with her guests, but is never over the top. Great presenter of all material. Love her style too. 

Honored Contributor

I agree with you!  Carolyn is one of the better hosts.  Her voice is easy to listen to and her presentation skills are very good.

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Sorry, Carolyn is one of the main reasons I don't watch. To me she is pushy and condescending.

@QVCkitty1   I agree w/you.  Yes, she is pushy, doesn't let the vendor speak, and when she does, she's always muttering in the background with, yeah, right, uh-huh, etc.  She can't wait until she can speak again.   Never keeps quiet to let the vendor speak.

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom ita. Loved how she talked re the width. She said it is a medium with, if you need a wide don't 

go up, or if you need a narrower- forget it, this is not the shoe for you.

Her honesty was a breath of fresh air.

Respected Contributor

@DbinMD well said!!

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't see the show but certainly agree about Carolyn. She's a great host and saleswoman.  The very best the Q has. 

To add,I have a pair of Cloudstepper short boots I love. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Contributor

She is, by far, the best host they have. I was watching the other day and the host just wasn’t getting into the nitty gritty of the product..and I thought I wish Carolyn was presenting this! Love her