Regular Contributor

Re: Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I just want to thank the original poster for this post.  I am a strongwilled woman who has always been proud of having an opinion.  Here I am seen as evil, a liar, or worse.  So thank you very much.  Bullying is not just a problem in America's schools, but here as well.  Sad.

Respected Contributor

I am wrong to think that the "back & forth" is to be with the ORIGINAL POSTER only who brought up the subject matter in the first place.... not those who follow to comment.  

(Just today, when I gave an OP my thoughts, a poster who is always "drawing her sword", condemned me for my opinion to the OP.)  Buzz off was my response to her.

Esteemed Contributor

You can look at this place as a small town. The long timers are like the Mayor and the Town Council.  Suspicious of outsiders.  Rule enforcers. QVC loyalists.  Distrustful of dissenters.

Esteemed Contributor

@deweydoo. OMG. How cute is that little cat. Is that your cat. I can’t even stand how cute it is.
Esteemed Contributor

Opinions are one thing. But the constant host bashing is wearing thin. I wouldn’t watch and I don’t watch whenncertai. Hosts are on because they get on my nerves but bashing them for every little thing they do is just nerve wracking to me abd unnecessary. That’s my opinion
Honored Contributor

Yet again, there are those who simply don't understand message boards. People will reply to others. That is NOT a matter of telling people that they shouldn't have a certain  belief or opinion. It is 99 percent of the time mere disagreement. And yes, the back and forth can get a little rough.

If this is so unbearable, then message boards are not for you.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

There is a difference between posting an opinion and just being downright nasty. Some posters don’t know that difference. 

I have started avoiding the posters who don’t know the difference and think they are just giving their wonderful ‘opinion’. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Yet again, there are those who simply don't understand message boards. People will reply to others. That is NOT a matter of telling people that they shouldn't have a certain  belief or opinion. It is 99 percent of the time mere disagreement. And yes, the back and forth can get a little rough.

If this is so unbearable, then message boards are not for you.

@suzyQ3 

There are Guidelines and Standards that should be followed to keep the Forums a pleasant place and helps to keep it from getting rough.  And this is where the Moderators get involved..... 

• Personal attacks are not allowed - Don't attack or insult another Community member. It's not helpful and it doesn't make for a friendly place. This includes calling other members names. Disagreement is no excuse for poor manners and we will not allow frustration to turn into a personal attack.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

There is a difference between posting an opinion and just being downright nasty. Some posters don’t know that difference. 

I have started avoiding the posters who don’t know the difference and think they are just giving their wonderful ‘opinion’. 

@proudlyfromNJ 

two-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ 

ITA

Posting a different opinion is just that, an opinion. Everyone has one.

Calling someone trashy, ignorant, stupid... is bashing.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras