Respected Contributor

Re: Everyone is Going Lighter!

I haven't seen it but if Jane went lighter, that's a good thing.  I've often thought her hair was way too dark for her coloring and that a lighter shade would look much better.

Honored Contributor

Some consultant must have told QVC that we're more like to buy from a blonde hoste than  brunette....LOL    I haven't seen Jane's hair but I really do not like Antonella's blonde hair.  She's too dark, the took it too far.  Lightening her her hair or giving her highlights would have been more attractive.  When you have really dark hair that grows fast, it's hard to stay ahead of the grays but there's no way with my coloring, which is similar to Antonella's that I would ever go blonde.  

Valued Contributor

I don't think she looks well at all. It's not a good color for her.  She is a beautiful brunette. Why are brunette's always trying to go blonde? Probably 80% of the time it doesn't match their skin tone. 

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

I think Antonella simply has too much hair around her face. I always feel like I want to pull her hair back off her face.  There are a couple of folks on QVC that have the same issue, one is the northern nights rep that I cannot remember her name who has been with QVC for years. Her hair swallows up her face. 

AN has low self esteem, she doesn't think she's classically pretty and she's trying to hide her face. I remember when she first came to the Q, she was gorgeous with her dark hair and beautiful classic Roman features. I don't know what happened, but it's sad when someone does not know how beautiful they are.

Regular Contributor

she used to be the spokes person for Liz Clayborn...her last name is Davis

Trusted Contributor

I don't watch much QVC anymore, and I just saw Antonella and was shocked, to say the least.  I much prefer her with darker hair (and I'm sure she doesn't care what I prefer).   I agree that she has too much hair covering her face.  Maybe she will go back to brunette soon.  I think it's a much better look on her.

Regular Contributor

I think it's awesome when women change things up, whether it's "liked" or not.  It's stifling to have the same hair color, style, same nail color, same style in clothes ect...for years.  Loosen up and make a change, even if it's a small one it may lead to even bigger ones.  Life is short, live it.

Respected Contributor

Thinking about going lighter myself. Nothing drastic, just lighter. My hair is dark brown naturally and I am bored with it big time.

I usually stick within a few shades of my real color, but ready to try going lighter. I figure I can always go back to a darker shade,

As far as going lighter with age, it does seem to becoming more popular than ever.

I guess the color contrast between hair and skin tends to draw attention to wrinkles and lack of brightness in eye color and natural blush of the cheeks.

Something to think about I suppose... perfect time though, lightening it up for summer.

-Texas Hill Country-
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I really like Antonella, but just saw her this afternoon and I don't think the new color is becoming on her.  She looked beautiful with her natural color hair.  I color mine too, but not that drastic.  I think the "brass" at QVC are "suggesting" these changes.   Maybe lighter than her natural color would be fine, but this is too drastic and not flattering to her at all.  

Respected Contributor

@mimomof4 wrote:

While I haven't seen them, I myself prefer a lighter hair color once the weather get warmer.  During the summer I have my hair colored a couple shades lighter or add some warmer highlights.  

My hairstylist does the same with highlights.  He said adding highlights to frame your face makes you look younger.  He also leaves some gray in and it gets pulled in and mixes with the regular hair and it looks more natural.