Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I have a completely different problem with shipping.  My orders (one from QVC and one from HSN) were received and sorted by my city's post office and then, instead of sending out to my house, was sent 50 miles upstate to another city's post office.  This cost me another 4 days of waiting.  This was the post office's fault.  But what I think is strange is that it was from both QVC and HSN.

Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

Sorry, sometimes I'm not clear, @loriqvc.

I'm talking about shoppers forming reasonable expectations, based on the information provided by the retailer during the purchasing process.

I'm given an EDD before I submit my order. It's considered carefully, and factored into my final decision. I'll even allow for a few additional days beyond the estimated date.

But I won't make allowances for a delivery date that comes and goes, and the item still hasn't shipped. 

If my EDD was 16 days away, but the item arrived in 6 days, there wouldn't be dozens of complaints on these boards.

Why continue to provide shoppers with an EDD of (for instance) 5-12 days when in reality it's likely to take twice that time?

If a retailer stings me like that, and I read it's happened to many others, I become reluctant to shop with that retailer again.

Maybe EDDs could be a range of dates until they're done revamping their business methods.

I would think QVC would have the computer techies to be able to make that adjustment.  Or maybe they keep thinking their shipping problems are behind them, when in fact they are not.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Re: Everybody's Doing It

[ Edited ]

It took 30 days for me to get a pair of Clark sandals.....Back in the "olden" days we would get catalogs in the mail, complete an order form, and mail it back, the company would receive the order and send it to us...it took less time for us to receive the merchandise this way than today from QVC!!!! And think of all the technology we have today..Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Everybody's Doing It

[ Edited ]

I ordered a jewelry item which according to the tracking number was “out for delivery” earlier today in NC.

Since then According to the same tracking number it has moved three times.  Unfortunately it is now in Georgia.

🤷‍♀️?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote: 

I have a completely different problem with shipping.  My orders (one from QVC and one from HSN) were received and sorted by my city's post office and then, instead of sending out to my house, was sent 50 miles upstate to another city's post office.  This cost me another 4 days of waiting.  This was the post office's fault.  But what I think is strange is that it was from both QVC and HSN.

@luvmybeetle   By chance, did your wayward orders have "free shipping"?  I ask because I'm having the same experience with a Kim Gravel order placed on May 11.  Here is the tracking history on it to date:

May 21  CLEVELAND OH DISTRIBUTION CENTER  
 The item is currently in transit to the destination. 

May 21 Arrived at Post Office  OBERLIN, OH 

May 16 CLEVELAND, OH 

May 16 GROVE CITY, OH 

May 14 MORROW, GA 

May 14 FLORENCE, SC  Shipping Partner:  UPS MAIL INNOVATIONS 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

@IamMrsG  No my orders had S&H.  I just think people are not using their brains anymore.  Everywhere I go people are making so many mistakes.