Esteemed Contributor

📦 Thought it was time I add my rant to the rest.

When I go to my account, I see this:

CS_WheresMyOrder_delayProcess20170906.jpg

Q: So WHY are they still giving us an EDD that suggests quick processing & shipping?

A: If they adjusted the EDD to reflect current reality, many of us would have second thoughts about completing the purchase.

Right now I have something still in process that should be at the post office being sorted today for delivery tomorrow.

Yes, I can wait. But QVC should realize some degree of disappointment is being attached to virtually every sale they make due to their ongoing cockamamie processing/shipping "delays" .

Esteemed Contributor

I really think it depends on what you're ordering and where it's coming from. I typically order home and kitchen items and have experienced virtually no delays in processing and shipping (though I see that note on my Order Status page as well). The clothing/shoes category is where many of the delays and problems seem to be occurring. However, in an interesting turn of events, I ordered a top on Friday, it shipped on Sunday, and I should receive it tomorrow—even with it traveling all the way across the country—well in advance of the 5/28 EDD.

Processing of returns is another story; I'm sure the QVC Social Team is getting tired of all my email inquiries about those delays. I've been patient and wait at least a full week after confirmation of return package delivery before reaching out, but I have not had a single return processed during that timeframe without having to specially request it.  Smiley Indifferent

Honored Contributor

I ordered 2 items that I wanted for Memorial Weekend which I obviously will not get in time because they still have not shipped.

I tried to cancel them but it states they can't be cancelled because they are processing.

This is frustrating and costly ...now items that arrive too late have to be returned at our expense.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered a dress on May 2.  It did not ship until May 7.  I did not receive it until May 20.  A full 18 days to get an order.  To make matters worse, it is too small - it measures a full 2 inches less in the bust than the online measurements.  I am returning it as defective and expect a full refund.  Frustrating for sure.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Re: Everybody's Doing It

[ Edited ]

@x Hedgethat is a very good point.

O/T I did read somewhere that only clothing and accessories are caught up in this delay.  But they should adjust the EDD for those items to reflect that.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

O/T I did read somewhere that only clothing and accessories are caught up in this delay.  But they should adjust the EDD for those items to reflect that.

I had a Josie Maran item take 16 days to get to me, in state.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

Thanks @Mj12 .

The item I'm currently waiting for isn't apparel, but a Pop Sonic beauty gadget.

Honored Contributor

I've been having really good luck with my returns being processed quickly lately. I don't know what has changed, but I'm happy about it. Exchanges still take forever if it even comes off. I usually get my orders in 7 to 10 days and I think that's too long, it does depend on what it is though, I may get it in 4 or 5 days.

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge @Caligurll  they definitely need to adjust the EDDs.  (and it would be good to include beauty items in their little blurb).  

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, sometimes I'm not clear, @loriqvc.

I'm talking about shoppers forming reasonable expectations, based on the information provided by the retailer during the purchasing process.

I'm given an EDD before I submit my order. It's considered carefully, and factored into my final decision. I'll even allow for a few additional days beyond the estimated date.

But I won't make allowances for a delivery date that comes and goes, and the item still hasn't shipped. 

If my EDD was 16 days away, but the item arrived in 6 days, there wouldn't be dozens of complaints on these boards.

Why continue to provide shoppers with an EDD of (for instance) 5-12 days when in reality it's likely to take twice that time?

If a retailer stings me like that, and I read it's happened to many others, I become reluctant to shop with that retailer again.

Maybe EDDs could be a range of dates until they're done revamping their business methods.