Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ever Notice?

[ Edited ]

Same host received a Christmas tree during Christmas in July prior to her presentation. 

Posted extensively on Instagram and Facebook with setup and decorating.

Those trees were not inexpensive. 

Did she purchase it?  Return it after video?  Accept it as a taxable gift?  Donate to charity?

Who knows.

But a mattress and Christmas tree were not sample sized 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

I rarely believe what anyone says, who's trying to sell me something, at face value.

I like to do my own research.

I agree  @Shanus recently a host was doing the Philosophy show. She was saying she only used their purity cleanser. As she was saying it, I guess a bell went off and she kind of said “oh and I use those you know towels” meaning the towels that take off makeup. The kind you don't need cleanser with.

Well, which is it the towel or purity? Disingenuous at best. I would never buy a product just because a host says they use it. They can drop that line.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Johnnyeager 

"Same host received a Christmas tree during Christmas in July prior to her presentation. 

Did she purchase it?  Return it after video?  Accept it as a taxable gift?  Donate to charity?

Who knows.

But a mattress and Christmas tree were not sample sized "

Some hosts do purchase the items with a nice employee discount.  Shawn once showed a video of her husband setting up a new mattress in their home.  She said she needed a new mattress so when the TSV mattress went on sale she bought it at an emplyee discount.  

Respected Contributor

It's like attorneys in a trial.  All of the facts are already known to the attorneys before trial.  They ask the witnesses questions (when they already know the answers) so that the jury members can hear the details. It's not because the attorneys need to know the answers.  

If the host just recited all of the information about how to use the product (because she has it), the guest would just be standing there with nothing to say.  It's like they're interviewing the guest for the benefit of the viewers.

Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Same host received a Christmas tree during Christmas in July prior to her presentation. 

Who knows.

But a mattress and Christmas tree were not sample sized 

@Johnnyeager She publicly posted "extensively." Advertising the tree was apparently planned.

She worked for having that tree for Christmas. There may be some type of workaround when there is business advertisement. 

But, in the end, I doubt she got to keep the tree without some cost to her. I'd bet she purchased, at a good discount, in return for promoting the tree online. 

Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I rarely believe what anyone says, who's trying to sell me something, at face value.

I agree  @Shanus recently a host was doing the Philosophy show. She was saying she only used their purity cleanser. As she was saying it, I guess a bell went off and she kind of said “oh and I use those you know towels” meaning the towels that take off makeup. The kind you don't need cleanser with.

Well, which is it the towel or purity? Disingenuous at best. I would never buy a product just because a host says they use it. They can drop that line.

@manny2 

Purity has makeup remover/ cleansing towels....I have them.

Respected Contributor

And it's also possible she uses the Purity with the towels. I know they say you don't need cleanser with them but I still do as want to make sure all the dirt comes off.

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@manny2 

Purity has makeup remover/ cleansing towels....I have them.

I know they do, that isn't what she was referencing.

Trusted Contributor

@Imaoldhippie The hosts say it all the time. If they will present an item like a vacuum, a kitchen appliance, cosmetic items, etc. the hosts receive the item free ahead of time to try them out. I also have visited the actual studio, pre-Covid, and they tell you the hosts receive items free. As for all the apparel, I doubt every item but they get a greatly reduced price. I forget the % off and I don't want to say since I can't remember but it was substantial.

Trusted Contributor

@Imaoldhippie Oh yes, I have heard the hosts say they received a vacuum as well as a $200 priced kitchen appliance. I was surprised but in the long run I'm sure it pays off for the company selling the product.