Respected Contributor

selling spiels are not new to me

i've seen, heard and read it for decades

i expect it on shopping channels, commercials, ads,  etc

they all contain spiels

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Respected Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

I like the host who claims to use every ' anti aging ' product she presents and shows ever sign of aging !

Especially the ones who claim to use neck creams...from what I can see it's not working...

Honored Contributor

They have to ask the vendors questions or they would have nothing to say.

Trusted Contributor

I totally believe the hosts have these products. They get them for FREE!!. In my opinion, they ask questions for us, the viewer. If they have a vendor rep I do believe it's a better idea that they supply as much information as possible as opposed to the host. The vendor rep should know more, and usually does, about a product. 

Respected Contributor

@CindyDale "Ever notice that certain hosts will say "I have this at my house & use it all the time", then they ask the presenter how do I do xyz with it?  To me it just shows that they DON'T have one at home.  If the did, they would know the answer"

I think that the hosts asks how to use it so the vendor could explain it to the audience.  The host should ask the question differently.  She should say "Can you please explain to the audience how to use the product?"

Respected Contributor

Re: Ever Notice?

[ Edited ]

Yes I've noticed this and another thing the hosts say on practically every item is  "and each time it's presented it sells out completely."  Every time they say this I'm going  "Hmmm, really?"

Esteemed Contributor

If they did their "homework", prepared, studied and became familiar with the products which will be in their show line-up,  they would not have to ask basic questions.

There is (at least) one host whose obvious lack of advance preparation is glaring.

Honored Contributor

That is why the vendor is there, to explain the products and its functions and uses.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@cjm61 .........Is that a fact?  How do you know hosts get all free products?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

They receive samples of beauty, skincare, haircare and food items.

They have all mentioned this many, many, many times.

Beyond that, I am certain they do not receive clothing or jewelry or electronics or appliances "for free."

I have heard them mention they are "loaned" products,  such as vacuums, to test at home, but must return them.