Valued Contributor

Ever Heard "if it aint broke don't fix it"? QVC messed up again!

For no reason two days ago my account was de-activated and I was not able to put an order through on line. Today they told us that the account is re-activated. However they are changing from pin numbers to passwords. That will definitely reduce my ordering in future. I have a problem with remembering passwords. I keep a tiny notebook with all my passwords in it. That means I usually have to look for the passwords to get on sites. By the time I look up the QVC password I will probably change my mind about ordering. Perhaps I should thank QVC for making ordering more difficult!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Ever Heard ""if it aint broke don't fix it""? QVC messed up again!

For the life of me, I can't understand why they keep piddling with this website. Every time they try to redesign something, they mess things up for days or weeks. Seems a totally unnecessary change to me. My PIN has been working just fine.

{#emotions_dlg.mad}

Honored Contributor

I mostly chat on the forums. I haven't gone through any de-activation, so my log-in info usually shows up automatically.

I'm not quite sure why it's easier to remember a pin number than a password, but either way, just add the info when you bookmark a site.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

We all have too many passwords to remember, as it is! Bad idea.

Honored Contributor

Frankly, I'm surprised at posters who don't want a more secure password. I know it's a little more complicated, but it's far more complicated to try and un-do the theft of your personal and financial information by hackers.

If a user wants their computer to remember site passwords, they can activate this in their browser settings/preferences.Smile

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

Goodstuff.. I don't have anything to add I just wanted to let you know I thought I was the only one left who used the word ""piddling"". Glad to know I am not haha

Honored Contributor

ITA with dooBdoo. Better security is ALWAYS a better thing. There are a lot of things wrong with this board/website, but updating to allowing a longer password is not a bad thing.

Furthermore, I would recommend 'Roboform'. It's a for-purchase software (buy in one time and have Lifetime) that is inexpensive and excellent. All your passwords are there and it's password-protected. Every now and then I print up the list to keep in my house and shred the old one. I would not want to be without it.

At this point, I'm still using the 4-digit PIN on my accounts here (I have two - one is my husband's, that I use for posting on the board and the other is my purchasing account), so I guess it hasn't become mandatory yet (?).

Trusted Contributor

On 3/7/2014 marzi 1 said:

Goodstuff.. I don't have anything to add I just wanted to let you know I thought I was the only one left who used the word ""piddling"". Glad to know I am not haha

A good old Southern expression. I use it often.

Valued Contributor

On 3/7/2014 marzi 1 said:

Mr Sylvia says ""piddling"" not me ---I thought it was such an ""old-timely"" word. Smiley Happy)
Honored Contributor

I have three passwords. If my memory is stuck on a site, I start with the simplest, then proceed to 2nd and 3rd. The most complex is for money accounts. Only three because some sites knock you off after three tries. Nothing is written down.