Trusted Contributor

It sounds so stupid and makes me cringe every time I hear it.  

Honored Contributor

Very unprofessiona, IMHO.

Valued Contributor
Very very childish. Juvenile.
Valued Contributor

I agree! It's juvenile. I have no idea where they came up with it. Disney President probably! I did not know that. Now I know why things have fallen into the rabbit hole!

Honored Contributor

This has been ragged to death can we move on?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Contributor

i wish they would have copyrighted this YAY thing... I am hearing it on other channels and talk shows..and our local radio.....it not now even with selling things.... it is painful.

had they copyrighted this awful YAY thing, they could have sued for $ but more importantly, stopped ths from spreading.

I feel badly that they are making the professional hosts say it too... they pause before it has to fall out their mouths...

Honored Contributor

Re: Enough with the "Yay"

[ Edited ]

@tropics21 wrote:

To answer your question, the head of the helm is a woman hired in July from Disney World of all places, with a new title of President!!!! At Disney she was head of marketing, there is your answer. QVC made a big mistake taking a big name from a non retailer, disney, instead of getting someone in the retail field, there are plenty out there.  No wonder qvc is failing, the newbie hasn't a clue

@tropics21 

While I agree with what you said about the questionable hiring of a Disney Exec.....She didnt officially take control until September ....so she gets a pass on FRI-YAY which was started way before that.....go back and check there are threads from April regarding this phrase....Example, FRI-YAY IS A BUST is one of them....

NEWS RELEASE:

Leslie Ferraro will take over the newly created position as QxH president on Sept. 16.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor
Not my favorite group of people hosting that night and when I realized how often they were going to cackle Fri-yay I stopped. I haven’t watched since the first show.

It’s seriously annoying and when have so many people on set without mics yet the host talks to them anyway... I don’t get it. You should know better.
Trusted Contributor

I don't think QVC came up with the 'yay' garbage. I have been hearing and seeing it for a while and it has nothing to do with QVC. As long as they have their cheerleaders thinking it is so cute, they will continue ad nauseum.

Super Contributor

It doesn't matter who came up with the idea.  It isn't cute at all - much like "Shawn saves Christmas".  I didn't know Christmas needed saving.  Just stop with the silliness.