Occasional Contributor

Re: Enough with the Q pushing the Q CARD down our throats

the Q does sell inventory and gets a % kick back on card usage......

they are selling their logo on the card.....

alll logo cards have 2 kick back actually...fee for using their logo and and % of sales....

think Disney, Marriott, airlines.....

Honored Contributor

Why in the world would they stop pushing their card?  

Any retailer that has a card is going to push it.  The more they advertise it the more people will open an account.  Hopefully, people know what they're getting into with the high interest rates that are on pretty much any retailer card but that's not even the point.

I really haven't seen this because I don't watch the channel 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  That might be more the problem.   People come and go to the channel on any given day, at any given hour.  For that reason, things are 'pushed' more than once to catch different times of the day or night.

It just makes sense that, if they are trying to get more people to use their credit account, they would promote it as much as possible.

Regular Contributor

AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enough

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Both the Credit Card company and the Q benefit greatly from the card. Everybody but the buyer who does not pay in full monthly.

What bothers me is the Q offers Easy Pays if you get their credit card. Other companies actually offer you a real thank you. HSN offers money off, if you get their card. They continue to give "benefits" to their VIP card customers, like $l0. off when using their card. Others offer coupons or free S&H. The Q offers you Easy Pays. I don't call that a real benefit.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have absolutely no interest in getting a "QVC" card.  And frankly, the repeated pushes by the hosts to get one is a real turn off to me.  If anything, it makes me want to buy less from them.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got the Q card during this promo since they were giving you a $10 ecard- which I never received! I called last month and got a non answer- then asked the rep when my 1st Q Card bill was due. She told me the 1st week of Jan- which is wrong.  Synchrony Bank sent me an email and I paid it right away. Today I decided to call Q to find out the status of my ecard- and to also get the late fee credited since I was told the wrong info. Q customer service can't help you with the card- even though the site section about the Q card says to call Q customer service! The 'contact us' section re: the card doesn't  include an email link- - and Q customer service gave me a Synchrony Bank phone #, but the # is for making a payment! There is a massive disconnect with today's technology and my expectations of customer service.  My initial impression with managing this card is really poor.

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

I got the Q card during this promo since they were giving you a $10 ecard- which I never received! I called last month and got a non answer- then asked the rep when my Q Card bill was due. She told me the 1st week of Jan- which is wrong.  Syncronicity sent me an email and I paid it right away. Today I decided to call Q to find out the status of my ecard- and to also get the late fee credited since I was told the wrong info. Q customer service can't help you with the card- even though the site section about the Q card says to call Q customer service! The 'contact us' section re: the card doesn't  include an email link- - and Q customer service gave me a syncronicity phone #, but the # is for making a payment! There is a massive disconnect with today's technology and my expectations of customer service.  My initial impression with managing this card is really poor.

Call the number printed on back of the card.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GCR18 wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

I got the Q card during this promo since they were giving you a $10 ecard- which I never received! I called last month and got a non answer- then asked the rep when my 1st Q Card bill was due. She told me the 1st week of Jan- which is wrong. Synchrony Bank  sent me an email and I paid it right away. Today I decided to call Q to find out the status of my ecard- and to also get the late fee credited since I was told the wrong info. Q customer service can't help you with the card- even though the site section about the Q card says to call Q customer service! The 'contact us' section re: the card doesn't  include an email link- - and Q customer service gave me a Synchrony Bank  for making a payment! There is a massive disconnect with today's technology and my expectations of customer service.  My initial impression with managing this card is really poor.

Call the number printed on back of the card.

Thanks. I did today and got the fee reversed. But that's just a bandaid on a very antiquated system! Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

I can't believe someone revived this ridiculous post instead of calling the actual credit card company about their problem.  And, then I was forced to comment.....ugh 

Esteemed Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

I can't believe someone revived this ridiculous post instead of calling the actual credit card company about their problem.  And, then I was forced to comment.....ugh 

Read the post if you're being 'forced' to reply!  

I did call the credit card company after searching for the phone number - as it wasn't on the bill and Q cs gave me the wrong number.