Respected Contributor

Re: Enough with the Q pushing the Q CARD down our throats

I suppose QVC has the right to limit the 3x easy pays to those who have a Q credit card, but the idea offends me in a way.  I am totally annlyed with any seller who limits certain perks to those on Facebook, Twitter, etc. I choose not to go there.  And I feel the same about requiring a Q card.  So in the future, if I make purchaes at all, I will limit them to items where easy pay is already offered to me as a non Q Card uses rather than requiring a Q Card.  If I have to have a Q Card to order something on Easy Pay, I just won't order it.

I really prefer not to have EP's anyway.

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@gardensla wrote:

They must make a boatload on interest payments. 

You couldn't pay me to have a store card. The only one I have is Nordstrom (so I can have early access to their Anniversary sale).

I'll take my no-interest, no-limit AMEX and points any day!

QVC does not make money on their Q card. When you get a Q Card it's through Synchrony Bank & they would be the ones making the interest. Q is not a bank. I use the Q card & other cards with high interest but I pay my balance in full each month. I know for a lot of people using these high interest rate cards get into trouble so easy with all the ez pays. I guess people still have not learned after everyone losts jobs, homes etc.

Q does get a cut of the action. It sells inventory. 

I guess most folks with an email address got an offer for a Q card.  I filed my offer in my delete box.

Read my post again. I edited it after I did a quick research. Q does get some of the profits from the interest the bank makes. This is from the article I read. Synchrony paid retailers $2.4 billion through revenue share arrangements in 2013, Werner said.
They did not get any from me because I don't pay that high interest rate. I don't even like paying 2.9% on my car. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@gardensla wrote:

They must make a boatload on interest payments. 

You couldn't pay me to have a store card. The only one I have is Nordstrom (so I can have early access to their Anniversary sale).

I'll take my no-interest, no-limit AMEX and points any day!

QVC does not make money on their Q card. When you get a Q Card it's through Synchrony Bank & they would be the ones making the interest. Q is not a bank. I use the Q card & other cards with high interest but I pay my balance in full each month. I know for a lot of people using these high interest rate cards get into trouble so easy with all the ez pays. I guess people still have not learned after everyone losts jobs, homes etc.

Q does get a cut of the action. It sells inventory. 

I guess most folks with an email address got an offer for a Q card.  I filed my offer in my delete box.

Read my post again. I edited it after I did a quick research. Q does get some of the profits from the interest the bank makes. This is from the article I read. Synchrony paid retailers $2.4 billion through revenue share arrangements in 2013, Werner said.
They did not get any from me because I don't pay that high interest rate. I don't even like paying 2.9% on my car. 

Of course, the Q card is being pushed entirely so the Q will make more money. The more credit, the more you buy. It's presented as a gift to you with the Easy Pays, but it benefits the Q. I couldn't tell you the last time I paid a dime's interest on anything.  

Super Contributor

Why can't they just offer easy pay like evine and hsn? Guess this is the first step in that direction. 

Frequent Contributor

Since I was keying in on the easy pay feature of the Qcard, I couldn't figure out why they were pushing it, because interest isn't charged if the payments are made in that time period.  I wasn't thinking that people are able to pay beyond that time, so thanks to those of you who responded regarding the bank and interest aspect.  Now I get it!

Honored Contributor

It doesn't bother me.  It's optional to sign-up for a card.

Honored Contributor

Another lame ploy by QVC to make us think we are somehow getting a deal. Give us a real deal, QVC. Getting your credit card is not a deal nor is the 3 easy pays.

I rarely watch QVC but recently watched a few beauty shows and was annoyed by how many times they brought up that stupid Q card and factor that in with the emails I keep getting from them inviting me to get one is getting old. I have never used easy pays nor do I have any interest in their card that probably has ridiculously high interest rates.

I am signed up only to get beauty emails so I am not sure why I keep getting those credit card invites!

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I don't know if this promotion still exists, but when I signed up for an HSN card i got $20 off a purchase (even a TS!)  Now that is a deal!!!  

Esteemed Contributor

Had a scary episode today.  Was watching QVC when I started to choke on something....very scary.  When I finally expelled what was lodged in my throat, it was my Q Card......which I had stopped using months ago......lthank goodness everything turned out ok....

Honored Contributor

Well all I can say is "it's a good way to generate lots of revenue for Q" why? I don't have the card but I bought several items over the past few months (home decor and cookware set as gift)and holy ****** ..... Today I looked at my monthly EZ pay total $72.00! Yikes!

If you multiply me times many Q card customers they are doing well! Good thing I don't have it (these charges are on a debit card which I put my monthly spending allowance on)!  No interest for me!

EZ pay makes it easy to be impulsive until you look at the bottom line every month. I'm done for quite awhile I'm sure!😏😱😳