Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Enough with the Q pushing the Q CARD down our throats

Their gift to us... right...  Their gift closet runneth over... among other things... 

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I have no problem using my Q card.  For me, it keeps my purchases separate, whenever I choose to use it.  I pay my CC balances in full each month, so interest rates don't concern me.  And I never select easy pay.  But for those who are always complaining about not enough easy pays from QVC, maybe the Q card will work for them.

Trusted Contributor

Liberty Interactive (the corporation that owns QVC), bought Zulilly for $2.4 billion.  Lots of money is made on interest, that's why lots of brick and mortar stores push their own cards too.  Yes, it's annoying when it's overdone.

Honored Contributor

I don't really understand why anyone feels pushed by hearing about the card. 

Every time I buy in any store that has a card, the cashier asks if I plan to use theirs.  That's  a face-to-face question and I do get why some people feel pushed there, but over the air -  I almost don't even hear them.

I've never had a Q card and doubt I ever will.  I don't want more EZPays than they already offer me and I use my own card to get a tiny percent back.  No pressure at all.

Besides, I don't expect any company to stop trying to make a profit - that's what Evine does, that's what HSN does, that's what Nordstrom does, and Tiffany, and.......

I think watching a shopping channel for entertainment and then complaining about sales pressure says way more about a watcher than it does about the seller.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardensla wrote:

They must make a boatload on interest payments. 

You couldn't pay me to have a store card. The only one I have is Nordstrom (so I can have early access to their Anniversary sale).

I'll take my no-interest, no-limit AMEX and points any day!

When you get a Q Card it's through Synchrony Bank & they would be the ones making the interest. These banks do pay a portion of their profits to Q. (Synchrony paid retailers $2.4 billion through revenue share arrangements in 2013, Werner said.)

I use the Q card & other cards with high interest but I pay my balance in full each month. I know for a lot of people using these high interest rate cards get into trouble so easy with all the ez pays. I guess people still have not learned after everyone losts jobs, homes etc.

I don't sit & watch Q so I could care less what they go on & on about. I cannot sit & watch Q because of the non-stop blab blab blab. LOL!!! It's very annoying.

Esteemed Contributor

Lets keep in mind that the Q. is late to the party....HSN and Evine have been offering e-z pay everyday on almost anything they sell...

and HSN....not sure about Evine.. offer extra e-z pay when using their own card....

Many Q. shoppers have complained about the lack of e-z pay on the Q....myself included...so now they are offering it and have to make sure everyone hears about it...

Remember there are new customers everyday....and lots of old time customers who do not have a computer...how would they find out...

Frankly I am happy with this new e-z pay with my card...I am now able to purchase items I wasn't able to in the past....I am retired...I have to budget what I buy....the e-z pay sure helps out...

Respected Contributor

I just change the channel.  QVC has been "inspiring" me to do that a lot lately.

I used to watch a lot of QVC programming but with the same old products over & over and hosts that I don't enjoy, well, it's easier to simply do something else.

I was watching FE this morning before I left for work and wound up changing the channel.  I only watch what I enjoy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GinaV24 wrote:

I just change the channel.  QVC has been "inspiring" me to do that a lot lately.

I used to watch a lot of QVC programming but with the same old products over & over and hosts that I don't enjoy, well, it's easier to simply do something else.

I was watching FE this morning before I left for work and wound up changing the channel.  I only watch what I enjoy.

I agree Gina. Of course, for some, the Q can do no wrong...

It isn't that they offer their card (with EP's) but that they're now going on and on and on about it... And yes, it's just one more reason to change the channel, as if we needed another reason... It isn't about anyone not wanting them to make a profit, it's how they go about it. And, at some level, they're getting something out of their Q Cards or they wouldn't be pushing them so hard...

I'd agree that watching the Q for entertainment is probably not a wise choice, though it certainly used to be more entertaining than it is now, what with all the repetition and the now routine overly vociferous host behaviors. That said, television is an entertainment medium and the Q brass has now said several times that they view entertainment as part of what they're theoretically offering. You have to wonder if they ever actually watch what they program. If they did, they'd know better.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@gardensla wrote:

They must make a boatload on interest payments. 

You couldn't pay me to have a store card. The only one I have is Nordstrom (so I can have early access to their Anniversary sale).

I'll take my no-interest, no-limit AMEX and points any day!

QVC does not make money on their Q card. When you get a Q Card it's through Synchrony Bank & they would be the ones making the interest. Q is not a bank. I use the Q card & other cards with high interest but I pay my balance in full each month. I know for a lot of people using these high interest rate cards get into trouble so easy with all the ez pays. I guess people still have not learned after everyone losts jobs, homes etc.

Q does get a cut of the action. It sells inventory. 

I guess most folks with an email address got an offer for a Q card.  I filed my offer in my delete box.

Honored Contributor

Not always -  there are lots of cards available (more now than years ago) with NO annual fees and there are cards that pay 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or even 6% cash back if you don't want points for any other rewards they choose for you.

I know EZPay and Flex Pay mean a great deal to some, but for those who pay cards off each month, using a cash-back card even at 1% is better than paying cash.  You won't get rich, but you certainly get enough back to pay for something you really want.