Respected Contributor

Re: Enough with Christmas in July

@Spurt I do get why they do CIJ shows and certainly they have been doing it for years.

I do wish they would do more fall shows. I joke with my friends that I have a pumpkin problem. I have many pumpkin/autumn themed items and I enjoy dressing my house up. I usually start at the end of September and except for the decorations I add for Halloween, everything stays up until I decorate for Christmas.

Last year when I was stuck home alone except when I needed to go out, decorating the house was particularly entertaining for me.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

People would complain when it was just one day - July 25,  Now that it is throughout he whole month I am sure the complainers are having a field day.  There are plenty of Q channels not to mention HSN and ShopHQ to watch when the Christmas items are on.  I enjoy them.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

said:  "Oh for heavens sakes, it happens every year in July so we all have to deal with it.  We all have shows we don't like.  I have enough shows on my DVR and TV channels to watch without the Q.  I can't stand all the food shows but I don't complain because other viewers are enjoying them.  Same goes for other vendors and hosts.  I move on to other things and suggest the CIJ haters do the same."

Agree 100%, well said and thank you! 

All YEAR long CIJ lovers have to watch the shows they don't like.  Gourmet food shows with hosts that make me change the channel in an instant (just like today, again it's HOURS of food with a repeat of the same thing tomorrow), Philosopy, Dyson, fashion, beauty and more  I change the channel so why can't the CIJ haters? 

If QVC removed all the shows people complain about they would go out of business.  I feel it's selfish to complain about shows you don't enjoy and try to take that away from the ones who do.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Respected Contributor

I keep hearing about Christmas in July but keep SEEING Dollar Store in July?

Seriously...where do people PUT all that STUFF????? Store it for 11 months of the year???  take a second mortgage for all those batteries?!?!?  And what do they do when they go to use the stuff next year and all the battery boxes are white with corrosion??

Sheeesh. Call the landfill. Junk incoming.

Valued Contributor

Tomgirl said: "

I keep hearing about Christmas in July but keep SEEING Dollar Store in July?

Seriously...where do people PUT all that STUFF????? Store it for 11 months of the year???  take a second mortgage for all those batteries?!?!?  And what do they do when they go to use the stuff next year and all the battery boxes are white with corrosion??

Sheeesh. Call the landfill. Junk incoming."

Batteries?  I use no more batteries for the holidays than any other time of the year.  What about all of those flameless candles that people use all year long, hair removers and more?  Stuff?  Where do people store all of those clothes, beauty and kitchen items etc?  It's no different.  You can say the EXACT same thing about everything QVC sells.  

"I never changed, I just learned."
Super Contributor

Thank you Nicksmom. Wow there really are some ugly comments on here. Just expressing my opinion. I didn't ask you or for your ugly comments 

Super Contributor

Really Kivah. I just don't watch in July at all. 

Esteemed Contributor

This thread is a year old????????  

Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe "This thread is a year old????????"

Yes, but July is only a couple of months away.  Why start a new thread when the old one still applies. Smiley Happy