Esteemed Contributor

Re: Enough with Christmas in July

@Spurt wrote:

@care giver wrote:

They probably sell a lot during this time but I feel it misses the spirit of Christmas

@care giver 

With all the problems caused by Covid in manufacturing and in shipping and delivery, I dont blame people for shopping early this year at all---most items won't even ship out until September, October, or November so some will arrive just in time for decorating with how slow everything is these days....Folks that wait until the "traditional" shopping season are going to be disappointed that items dont arrive in time, unless they plan to shop locally and accept what's in the stores....

I believe you're absolutely right @Spurt , and thanks for posting this thought.

OT. Did you do a name change just now?

I was scrolling thru threads and I swear I saw SPURT, and five minutes later it was Spurt.

Esteemed Contributor

@DottieD wrote:
People seem to enjoy the COJ presentations and that's fine with me. I'll tune in briefly and see the same tired products, and same tired shtick, so I end up turning the channel. If anything it saves me money.

------------

I am one who has - in the past - enjoyed the whole QVC CIJ season.  But this year, it seems like holiday overkill!!  And though I don't watch 24-7, every time I do watch, the same products are being presented...over and over!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@x Hedge wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@care giver wrote:

They probably sell a lot during this time but I feel it misses the spirit of Christmas

@care giver 

With all the problems caused by Covid in manufacturing and in shipping and delivery, I dont blame people for shopping early this year at all---most items won't even ship out until September, October, or November so some will arrive just in time for decorating with how slow everything is these days....Folks that wait until the "traditional" shopping season are going to be disappointed that items dont arrive in time, unless they plan to shop locally and accept what's in the stores....

I believe you're absolutely right @Spurt , and thanks for posting this thought.

OT. Did you do a name change just now?

I was scrolling thru threads and I swear I saw SPURT, and five minutes later it was Spurt.

@x Hedge 

Thanks for the heads up. Nope I didnt do a name change....I did have to sign in twice but I am the only one with that nickname, I checked both ways. 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt 

Well you were always SPURT.

I did a classic doubletake when I saw Spurt.

Welcome to the group who've been assigned a new name without your consent, courtesy of the IT team/programming.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@x Hedge wrote:

@Spurt 

Well you were always SPURT.

I did a classic doubletake when I saw Spurt.

Welcome to the group who've been assigned a new name without your consent, courtesy of the IT team/programming.

@x Hedge 

I went back to my oldest thread where someone referenced me and it was always Spurt.....  I see there is a SPUD and a Spur and a spursFan2 and a Spud50

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt 

When a name change takes effect it changes your nick on ALL posts throughout your history here.

Here's from the nickname edit page:

Your new Nickname will apply to all of your old postings, as well as your new entries, including posts on the Community Forum and Product Ratings & Reviews. Your previous QVC Community names will not be available for use by another customer, and you can change your Nickname at any time.

. . .

I just checked.

My new name is on my old reviews.

now, back to Christmas in July 🎄

Trusted Contributor

For me, I'm so tired of all stores (not just QVC) pushing Christmas items so many months months in advance.   Please - Christmas is just 1 day, but it seems as though they want to push shopping for Christmas almost 365 days in a year.   They're always telling you after Christmas to buy now at the great sale prices for next year, or they're telling you months afterwards to put an item "in your gift closet" for Christmas or whenever an extra gift is needed.  For me, I'm just so tired of it - all they want you to do is shop and spend money! As Charlie Brown and Snoopy say - the true meaning of Christmas is lost!

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@Spurt 

When a name change takes effect it changes your nick on ALL posts throughout your history here.

Here's from the nickname edit page:

Your new Nickname will apply to all of your old postings, as well as your new entries, including posts on the Community Forum and Product Ratings & Reviews. Your previous QVC Community names will not be available for use by another customer, and you can change your Nickname at any time.

@x Hedge 

I dont think this system is that sophisiticated to do that....I can see it changing the name in all posts in the upper left corner of posts and threads...but Im skeptical about the system doing it in the BODY of the text posts being changed going back to 2015 and further......

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt 

My name is Hedge since 2016, but I became  x Hedge in July 2021.

(edit Oops! Had misspelled my own new nick.)

A poster here named bebe777 used to send out sale alerts to WEN users. Her last post here is dated 2017.

I found a 2016 post from her, in the body of it my name appears as x-Hedge. (Edit..did it again. That should be x Hedge, without the -)

SPURT, I absolutely know your name was listed as SPURT earlier today.  Someone in WEN forum was having trouble changing her nick to all caps. System wouldn't accept it. I scrolled thru and in 60 seconds wrote down 6people.

Yours was the first one I wrote.

SPURT,  CANDLEQUEEN,  RINNI,  ECBG,  CJC,  SHOPR,  WORKING GAL,  WI CUSTOMER.

I'd bet my last dollar your name was in all caps this morning because SPURT is right here on my little yellow note pad. Lol!

Honored Contributor

I know, they don't know when to leave well-enough alone.  Thankfully,it will be over soon.  "Christmas in August" is usually less ubiquitous,