Respected Contributor

Re: Enough with Christmas in July

How about celebrating Fall

Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

CIJ - Sooooooooooo Annoying - especially to people who don't celebrate that holiday. I'm not watching and spending a lot less.

Why don't we celebrate Chanukah in July - Aug - Sept - Oct - Nov - Dec????

@kivah    I guess nobody remembers that Jesus kicked the money changers out of the temple.........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Frequent Contributor

They probably sell a lot during this time but I feel it misses the spirit of Christmas

Super Contributor

I do not like the days when emphasis is on Christmas (whether in July or not), jewelry (don't wear much which is my personal preference), or gourmet food (don't need to buy expensive food which we don't eat as it's just two of us and I'd go to Sam's Club when we had more people eating at home).  I do realize that some must love those emphasis days or QVC wouldn't keep having them.  But for me variety is a priority.  I am hooked, however, on getting tops from QVC and have had success with Belle by Kim Gravel recently.  My local stores just don't have tops that are good for my age group, and that's if they even have stock!  It's sad how little stock is in the brick and mortar stores even in my fairly large city.  

Regular Contributor

People seem to enjoy the COJ presentations and that's fine with me. I'll tune in briefly and see the same tired products, and same tired shtick, so I end up turning the channel. If anything it saves me money.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@xryretriever wrote:

Thank goodness they've brought Q2 back so I don't have to watch all these ridiculous shows.

You are entitled to your opinion just like others are. People can watch Christmas shows if they want. It's ok to disagree with you or with other posters. The cattiness isn't necessary. For me, I never watch Christmas shows on Q or any shopping channel. I can barely tolerate Christmas in December.

Frequent Contributor

I think we get the concept that we can turn the channel BUT if a person only has a certain time of day to tune in Christmas trinkets all day long is a bit much.  Not sure who invented CIJ...it’s even in a few retail stores where I live.  I’m sure the big box stores will be stocking Christmas shelves soon. Seems to get earlier every year. It’s ridiculous! As far as qvc goes I wish they would put more effort into sending me the items I want right now on a timely basis than worrying about Christmas!!

Honored Contributor

@Catiele wrote:

How about celebrating Fall

@Catiele

ITA as do many customers that like to decorate their homes for fall/autumn or even Halloween, that they seem to go from spring/early summer to Christmas and overlook fall and fall decorating..... I think Valerie Parr Hill has one harvest show coming up but certainly QVC could do a few more Fall shows....  HSN does a lot more especially Halloween Shows....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@care giver wrote:

They probably sell a lot during this time but I feel it misses the spirit of Christmas

@care giver 

With all the problems caused by Covid in manufacturing and in shipping and delivery, I dont blame people for shopping early this year at all---most items won't even ship out until September, October, or November so some will arrive just in time for decorating with how slow everything is these days....Folks that wait until the "traditional" shopping season are going to be disappointed that items dont arrive in time, unless they plan to shop locally and accept what's in the stores....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Whispergirl wrote:

I think we get the concept that we can turn the channel BUT if a person only has a certain time of day to tune in Christmas trinkets all day long is a bit much.  Not sure who invented CIJ...it’s even in a few retail stores where I live.  I’m sure the big box stores will be stocking Christmas shelves soon. Seems to get earlier every year. It’s ridiculous! As far as qvc goes I wish they would put more effort into sending me the items I want right now on a timely basis than worrying about Christmas!!

But if people are experiencing delays now, what will happen once people start shopping online for Christmas and contribute to the volume when stores cant get out merchandise without delays right now...just asking ....

And its not just QVC, my friends and I were just discussing how slow online orders are we ordered from a large variety of retailers too....